1.) awakening

She awoke with a jolt and large inhale of air.

   The air was dry and dusty, the ground was formed as cracked grounds of a never ending desert. She layed on the floor trying to think of any memory but none came to her. Standing up, she took in her surroundings but felt no fear. Like she's been through this already.

   She wiped her shorts and tanktop off from the desert sand. Looking around once again, she decided on a direction in which she did not know.

   After walking for what seemed like hours on end under the beating sun, suddenly she haulted her dragging steps and looked straight with a determined look.

   My name is violet  she thought

   And that was the only part of her memory that returned so far. After taking in her name, violet set off once again while dragging her feet and looking down feeling her skin boil and her feet ache.

   Soon enough nightfall came and Violet collapsed onto the floor from exhaustion having pain erupt on the parts of her body that landed hard on the floor all while thinking she made no progression since it all looked the same.

   Violet layed still with her cheek staying planted onto the cracked ground letting it scrape and scratch her a bit. Her exhaustion was too much and so her eyes closed letting her rest.

   There was a loud thud that got Violet to awaken once again with a wave of confusion and curiosity come through her. The night made it so dark as Violet looked around rapidly with growing fear. More thuds came louder and louder as it sounded like this thing was running around her.

   The thuds sounded heavy, more like pounding. With some what of mechanical whirrs.

   Violet got up quickly and her fists balled up at her sides. That was until breathing was heard behind her ear. The ragged breaths where gruff and hot. Violet whipped around to see nothing but darkness of the desert.

   The thuds then continued behind her and more sounding like quick steps that pierced the ground but it was extremely fast. Almost as if there was more then one thing out there. Violet tried to get her sleepy eyes to adjust to the darkness by rubbing her eyes with her fists but nothing helped.

   Then the thuds sounded like it was behind her once again but this time as if something big was charging at her. Before violet could move, there was a prick piercing her back. Disappearing just as soon as it came.

   Yet again violet spun around as fast as she could and still yet again there was nothing. But something odd happened.

   Silence

   Although it was quiet, violet knew that her attacker was still lurking in the dark. . . Waiting.

   An erupting pain released in her back where she was pricked and felt behind her only to feel a soft and sticky like substance. Retracting her hand from her back she looked closely at her fingertips to see blood mixed in with a black-ish/purple.

   The pain in her back was so unbearable that it almost made her fall to her knees but Violet only stumbled. The mechanical whirrs sounded again but instead of a thud it was replaced with a hiss that echoed around her.

  A moments silence. Then. . .

   The charging thuds came again at her but this time she threw herself out of way getting enough time to see a glint of gold and silver mechanical body with legs. But not just and body and legs. . . the legs of spider like thing.

   Violet assumed it was a large mechanical spider but then she got up and the spider started to glow on the inside showing a scorpian body instead.

₩₩₩

I REALLY don't know if I did good but lets hope I did. Anyways please comment if I messed anything up so I can grammatically correct it.

And vote pwease

Oh and idunno if I do good book covers but if you want I can do one for you cuz I get board and um Ya ._.

Kay baaiisss
      -gabi hernandez