You knew this could happen, Elizabeth. And yet, here you are, sniveling by the throne, belittling yourself.

"I have every right to be this way! You witnessed what happened, what these fucking mouths of yours did to us! Don't you dare tell me how to feel!"

As much as I would love to coddle you and listen to your lamentations, I feel it is an insult to yourself to be so weak when you could be less pitiful on your short-comings.

I scoffed. "Short-comings? I have FUCKING DEMON MOUTHS on me, I am destined to be a queen of chaos because of YOU!"

He awkwardly scratched the back of his head.

I will admit I could've chosen better wording...

"Fuck you!" I screamed and attempted to shove him off the steps, only to phase through him and trip instead. Zalgo remained in his place and turned to look down on me, keeping that disgusting, empathetic gaze in those eyes.

Again, you knew what could happen Elizabeth, how Jeff would react, and yet here you are. You should've expected this, dear. The fear and heartbreak.

Wiping the dribble from my mouth, I snarled, "You say that as if this is my fault, as if I intended this. But because of you and your fuckin' 'inheritance', I'm here! Everything wrong ever happening is because of you!"

We made a deal.

"How were I to know this ever could've happened?! I was a child! A dying child who just wanted to go back to her parents, to her real dad!"

What's done is done, Elizabeth. You must move forward now.

I clutched my hair and leaned against the steps. "I can't go on. Not like this. Not anymore."

It is your duty as que—.

"It is your duty! You just want me to be your good little heir! I bet you're glad Jeff is gone, lost somewhere and hurting! Just the way you wanted him in SCP, huh?"

You are misunderstanding my aid.

"I don't want your aid. You've only been a thorn in my side. The mouths even more so! Worse—the very sword in my back!"

Wiping away the remaining tears on my face, I muttered to myself, "Jeff is gone and I'm stuck with your bullshit once again. I can't find him anywhere. Where is he? Where?! I need him. Jeff, I need you, I need you..."

Before I knew it, I was rocking back and forth, mumbling to myself until my words turned to slurred whispers. I could hear Zalgo sigh behind me.

Okay, yes, I am not your father. I never will be. I will never come close. But I wish only you'd give me a chance, one that I've had the misfortune to never stumble upon.

He crouched down beside me and slid his hand across my back, trying to comfort me. I didn't strike at him. I only kept jittering in my place.

You've fallen so far, my dear. I want to aid you. I want you to confide in me. I wish for you to be strong for your own sake. Because at this rate, you may have nothing left. The mouths have eaten at you, like they had with me. Your pain is cognate, and yet this is only the surface of it. My dear Elizabeth, I know this turmoil. All I ask is for your acquiescence. Not as my kin...but as a fellow Atlas of these primal mouths.