~How Do We Keep Evil Out Of Auradon?~

CHAPTER 35

CHAPTER 35

The next morning, Gabby, Mal, and Ben meet with Beast, Belle, and Fairy Godmother.

"I think we all know why we're here," Beast starts. "The people are in a panic about Hades and Gaston. They almost got out."

"Who knows what they would've done if they had escaped?" Fairy Godmother adds.

"We can't risk having more villains on the loose," Beast finishes.

"I really feel like this is my fault. I'm supposed to protect Auradon," Gabby says as she looks at Ben.

"You did, you do protect Auradon," Ben tries to reassure her.

"Every time we open the barrier, we're exposed to danger. Maleficent, Uma, Hades, Gaston," Beast explains before Ben's phone goes off.

"Maleficent's scepter and the queen's crown have been stolen," Ben says after checking his phone. Belle and Fairy Godmother let out gasps of shock.

"Uma?" Beast accuses.

"We don't know that, Dad," Ben argues.

"When the people hear this, they will never wanna leave their houses. What do we tell them?" Belle says before looking at Gabby and Mal. "Gabby? Mal? What do we do? How do we keep evil out of Auradon?"

"I think that there's only one way to guarantee their safety. And I think that there..." Mal starts explaining. "can't be anymore going in and out. I think that we have to close the barrier... forever." Beast and Fairy Godmother nod in agreement while Gabby looks at Mal in shock.

"No," Ben says.

"Son," Beast tries.

"No," Ben says as he turns around.

"Ben," Gabby calls as Ben walks away.

"No, no, no, no," Ben says as Gabby follows him.

"Ben. Hey," Gabby says getting him to stop. As much as she hated Mal's idea because of her brother being stuck over there, Gabby knew Mal was right. "I don't like this anymore than you do and I do not want to take away your dream. Because it was so beautiful. And it is why I fell in love with you. But as King, and as Queen what's our duty?"

"To protect Auradon," Ben answers her sadly. "But do you know what would this mean? All those kids? Your brother? Are you prepared for that?"

"I know what it means and no, I'm not prepared for it. I just think that we have no other choice," Gabby answers him as a tear rolls down her face.

"Son?" Beast call's causing them to look at him. "Mal and Gabby are right."

"I just don't think that we would forgive ourselves if something terrible happened," Gabby explains.