"Not really"

"Let him go, it's for the best."

Ignoring the words from Alibaba and Aladdin, I walked passed Ja'far and Masrur wanting to bump their shoulders but not being able to do so due to their taller heights. So instead of their shoulders, I bumped Ja'far's chest and Masters upper stomach, earning a mocking snort from Ja'far and a low grumble from the giant.

Feeling my ears grow warm I sped up my pace rushing to get away and towards where the small amount of stolen food was located.

+++

"Man this is why I hate the poor, got no food whatsoever. They don't even got no grass growing around here, so I can't even eat leaves." I grumbled to myself, currently, I was walking towards where the others would be. "Maybe I can ask Alibaba to ask his thieving friends to steal me a chicken or something? Yeah, they shouldn't have anything against me since I didn't try to kill him, yeah that sounds good, I'll ask blondie how to contact them." Rounding the corner, was about to call out to Alibaba when a bad feeling surrounded me.

Rushing towards the front of the crowd where the feeling was coming from I saw a pale man with black hair and clothing standing in front of the crowd with a smug look on his face, but that's not all I noticed.

Usually beautifully golden rukh was jet black with despair as it surrounded him. Grabbing the clothing over my chest tightly, I looked at him in shock.

I've seen black rukh before, but never this bad. Usually, there would be a few of them scattered around someone, but this man was drowning in them. I was so awestruck I didn't notice the man coming closer towards me until he was directly in front of me.

"You too, the rukh around you is weird as well. Don't tell me you're another magi?" His voice was mocking and dripping with sarcasm.

Swallowing hard, I brushed off the unease I felt and raise an eyebrow in a cocky manner while looking him dead in the eyes, "A magi? Nah, not really since my rukh comes from within like normal magicians, not from nature like yours. But having an actual magi assume I'm one is a compliment so thank you, oh-kind-emo-magi sir. I shall remember this day for decades, my children's children will be proud."

The emo just laughed before bringing down his right hand to pat my head, hardly may I add. " I see, that's why yours seemed different. How rare, I bet Kouen would love you."

"Ah, the giant red-haired man who with the serious-looking face who's always like 'Get back here and answer these questions or I'll have you arrested' and what-not?" When doing my Kouen impression I made my most serious face while my harshest glare before looking back at the laughing emo magi.

"Yeah, yeah! That's him, I see you've met him already."

"Yup, he has this weird obsession with me, I lowkey think he's a predator or something. He made a sketch of me and posted it all around the Kou Empire I can't even go to the neighboring Kingdoms because of him. Always trying to capture me when though I've rejected him a million times."

"Yeah, he's pretty serious-- wait you're Karmi!"

"In the flesh."

"Ah, I honestly expected someone more impressive and taller. But to think you're just some shrimp."

"Yeah, a shrimp that could probably beat your ass haha."

"Maybe in your dreams haha."

"Ha"

"Ha"

"..."

"I'm gonna kill you." After saying this I activated a simple heat spell to test his abilities. The emo looked slightly taken aback by the sudden wave of magic, the same with the other people around. Seeing this I smirked over at the raven. "What? Can't take the heat?"

Chuckling, he disbursed the magic with a flick of his wrist, "The warm air was an insult to actual heat mages. If anything, I was taken aback by the display of magic. You're a dijin capture, are you not? If I recall correctly dijin captures don't use magic since it clashes with their djinns own magic."

Stepping back, I placed a hand on my choker feeling it heat up slightly. Patting the collar twice in reinsurance, I let my eyes on the magi before me. "Correct, I guess they do teach something useful in magi school. I'm not too sure the reason why I can use magic and jins at the same time. I would say it's because we have the same magic elements but that's false as well seeing one holds heat while the other holds lightening, I, on the other hand, am a light magic-user."

It was probably a bad idea to expose myself like that, especially since this magi seems to be in contact with Kouen, the man I've been running from for years but for some reason, I wasn't feeling much danger from the emo magi as I was before.

"Interesting." Was all he said as he stood up straighter, his eyes left me and moved to my right, my head following his sight only to see Alibaba and the others, but what really caught my attention was the blue-haired boy I've grown close to on the ground holding his eye in pain. I was about to walk over only to be stopped by this wall hard wall of rukh. The emo held up a singular finger towards me and waved it in a mocking matter, "Ah, I'll come back to you after I finish this wanna be magi and his sad excuse of a king's vassal."

I didn't understand the king's vessel bit but by the look on Alibaba's face I could tell whatever it was, was him. Normally I wouldn't care about him, but seeing the saddest and outraged look on Aladdin's face angered me as well.

"E," I muttered under my breath before feeling a wave of sooth electricity flow from my right ear through my body before ending as the palms of my hands. "Defibrillation." Upon saying that a wave of electricity left my palms and hit the wall of dark rukh, successfully making it soften and scatter.

All eyes turned towards me at the sound of the rukh shattering like glass. Grinning at the pissed look on the emo's face I rubbed my hands together before stretching it apart to create strings of electricity. "You know... it's no good to pick on the weak."

The man just laughed hysterically, "And you seriously think you'd stand a chance? You're just as weak as they are, if not weaker."

His words ticked me off to the point of me rushing towards him in blind rage.

"Wait!"

"Karmi stop!"

Ignoring the calls from Aladdin and Sinbad I continued to run towards the smug emo, determined to shock to smirk off his face.

As soon as I was close enough to punch him, I quickly shifted my focus to my legs and kicked him in the side using the electricity as a booster. Watching in satisfaction as the emo flew to the side from the force of the kick.

"Oh sorry, what were you saying before? Weak? Sorry I don't know her." I taunted earning another shout from the giant grape to stop pissing the emo, or Judal as he said, off before I get myself killed.

Hearing this I let out a loud snort before wincing from the pain that flooded my nose. "That damn cupid wanna be. I'll kill him next." Looking over at the wall Judal crashed though I waited for him to get up, knowing that a small attack like that would knock him out.

As if reading my thoughts, the emo rose up chuckling softly from within his blackened ball. "Is that the best you can do? That attack didn't even leave any damage, let alone hurt." Once more, as I was about to react another barrier formed, this time much harder and difficult to break. 

"And like I said before, hang on for a moment while I take out the trash."

After he said that the small gap of light was engulfed by the darkness from his rukh.

×××

Ew.

~Delilah