Chapter 4

//A/N Yup, I'm including Mike in this chapter, finally. And he's a fair bit nicer than the fandom portrayal. In this, he's still gruff and untrusting at first, but is a bit jumpy and is a nice person at heart, plus he's got a little bit of engineering knowledge. Ok, on with the chapter!//

After the hellish night, the atmosphere of the pizzeria was calm and collected, brought by the golden rays of sunlight at dawn.
It would be a little while before the morning shift had to come in, and it hadn't been long since the night guard left, meaning that -for now- the animatronics were on their own.
The four of them had managed to get back to their original places, all except one, of course.

Freddy and two of his cohorts were still awake, just relaxing, stretching out and moving their bodies to ease stiffness and to reduce the likelihood of potential rusting, Freddy dusting off his microphone, hat and bow tie to make sure he looked presentable.
Chica was laying on her back on the main stage, playing with Carl the Cupcake, who was squeaking and bouncing around happily. If he could smile, Carl would be wearing a very pleased grin.

As the sun rose further and further into the sky, Chica looked over to see someone creaking open the "Employees Only" door, hearing footsteps stumbling out.
A purple hand curled around the edge of the door, pushing it open.

"Bonnie?!" Chica gasped, watching the purple robotic bunny make his way towards them. His joints creaked, and his glassy eyes were half closed, body posture giving away that he was both lacking in sleep, and unable to stand up straight, though he was trying to, and failing miserably.
"Bonnie, oh my gosh! Come sit down, you're about to fall over" Chica fussed, gently taking hold of Bonnie's wrist and leading him to a chair; thankfully the ones at the tables of the pizzeria were sturdy enough for both humans and animatronics.
"Chica, I-I'm fiiiiine. Jus' give me a few minutes an' I'll be aaaaaall good" Bonnie replied, his voice soft and a little slurred, not to mention husky from the events of the night prior.

"Oh my God! Hold on, lad, I'll be right back" Foxy exclaimed, dashing out of the cove before coming back with a ceramic mug that had steam lines coming out of the top of it.
"Wha's in there?" Bonnie asked, a small giggle escaping him. Gosh, he really WAS delirious!
"It's hot oil, lad. Thought you could use a pick-me-up" Foxy replied, setting the mug onto the table.
With a nod of thanks, Bonnie picked it up and sipped at it. The feeling of the oil slowly flowing down his throat pipes were just marvellous.
Freddy folded his arms, a concerned frown on his face, the animatronic bear watching the scene unfold. He glanced up at the clock, seeing that -though it was early morning- the manager wasn't there just yet. They had just a little bit of time before the staff would get there.
"Bonnie, can I speak to you in private?" Freddy asked, making Bonnie raise his head slowly, sleepy gaze fixed on the blue-eyed bear.
"Uuuuh...sure?" Bonnie replied, getting up.
Chica and Foxy looked at each other, then at the two remaining members of the band, then back at each other, both with an unsure expression.
Freddy gestured for Bonnie to follow him into the "Parts And Service" room down the hall, the bunny following him like a shadow, closing the door behind them.

"Ok, Bonnie. I need to speak to you about what's been happening" Freddy told him, looking at the slightly confused purple animatronic bunny.

"What? what's up?" Bonnie asked, leaning against the wall and staring at Freddy. The robotic bear in question breathed a closed-eye heaving sigh, and opened his eyes only to stare directly back at Bonnie.
"Look, Bon. I appreciate all that you're doing for us, I really do. You're a great friend and the kids love you, but-" Bonnie cut him off.
"But? w-what do you mean 'but'?" he asked, semi-impatiently. "Did I do something wrong?"
"No, no, you've not done anything wrong, don't worry" Freddy reassured him, hands open. "But I am concerned about what's been happening with you lately. We know that you've not been sleeping too well these past few days, and I'm just a bit worried."
"What the hell are you talking about? I'm fine, it's nothing I haven't dealt with before" Bonnie protested half-heartedly, an anxious frown on his face.
"Nothing you haven't dealt with?" Freddy repeated, while cocking an eyebrow and folding his arms, causing Bonnie to mirror the expression though his stance remained the same. The star attraction was getting more and more concerned by the minute.
"Yeah" Bonnie replied with a small nod.