Chapter 2 - The Sacred Detectives

Start from the beginning

"Phil, where's Detective Tom Lone?" I asked, concerned.

"I don't think he'll be here, Felicia. I'm sorry." Phil replied.

"What about Thor?"

"We tried contacting him from Asguard, but nothing came up."

"I'll be hoping they'll arrive. They need to catch up like everyone else."

Then, I turned to my recruits.

"Mmm! Hi, boys! Felicia Hardy - also known as the Black Cat. How do you do? I was recruited to work for the R.I.P.D yesterday because they've seen my work. They've seen your work. You are all here to work for them as well as a group with me. This is my younger brother, Rafe. He'll be working with us as well as Agent Phil Coulson." I said.

This is going so well!

"Anyways, they have your files, information and records of your process." I continued.

I thought about something that everyone should understand. I walked down the end of the line and back, opposite my team.

"Forget everything you think you know. Whatever school lessons... whatever your parents taught you. None of that matters! You're not kids anymore. You're not students. We're the Sacred Detectives." I finished.

Phil gave me a nod. The others smiled - I think I did a  good job at my speech. I didn't prepare for this, but I made it up along the way. We need to prepare for any danger with training. Before I was about to say that, a News report came in.

"Last night, a carnage of 4 men were killed due to some kind of beast that attacked them. The thugs attacked 2 people in an alleyway for money when the beast screamed a deafening roar and a howl to create a diversion. Police suggest that the monster was a wild animal, a wolf to be exact must have sensed the men from no longer than a mile away. More will be added tonight when we interview the 2 people on the night of the attack." A man stated.

I paused the telly as it showed a picture of the wolf-man.  My senses were ringing off like hooks - it's funny that I know that figure before, but never rings any bells. I need to get more evidence that could lead to the person responsible for those murders.

"Phil, could you take the guys to train for today? I need to find somebody." I told Phil.

"Me? And who's this somebody?" He asked, suspiciously.

"I don't know, but make sure the recruits are ready when I get back."

"Wait for a second, you're going alone?" Hellboy asked.

"Look, I'll be back to cover for you guys. Don't worry - I won't be too long."

~

I typed on my watch Gwen Stacy and teleported to her location. I was going to find evidence because last week, Tom rarely visited Mom's bakery/cafe for days on end which got the rest of us worried sick. I was very concerned and suspicious of Tom. I went in as the Black Cat since I wasn't bothered to change into work clothes; if he is hiding something from us, this is serious.

"Gwen, where's Tom?" I asked, seeing her behind sitting on a bench.

"He's not in. Why so concerned, Black Cat?" She asked.

"He's been off work for almost a month. You must know where he must be."

"I don't know. Yesterday, he was with me on a date..."

A DATE?!!? He's going out with Gwen?!!? Why didn't he mention this sooner?

"How long were you with him for?" I asked.