Ch. 4

Okay so first off, I am sorry as shit for not uploading. I'll get better, hopefully, but I appreciate any attention that's given to this story in the first place and glad people enjoy it. I would like to give credit to Mist-Ren for this wonderful and absolutely amazing fanart they drew of reader and Alastor! I adore everything about it and the attention to detail is great, especially on the hands! This is my first piece of fanart ever, so I'm sorry if I'm far too happy. I'm just so glad you took the time to create it! Thank you again, truly. I would appreciate it if everybody took the time to check their account out because they have other fantastic pieces of art.

Okay, now, onwards!

||

The walk home isn't too much of a hassle. Trudging down the unpaved road by her lonesome with just only Hells wind and the crunch beneath her feet to gift the atmosphere sound is therapeutic, in a sense. A much-needed break and silence from her day to day hustle. This exact reason is why if she can, she'll walk.

Coming up the barren land on the side of the road, she spots her abode. Not too big, but not small by any means. Then, as usual, behind it is her greenhouse. The only living establishment within miles, thankfully. Living in the city would have never worked out for her. It probably doesn't work for a lot of people. Surely if they had the money, they would do what she did and have her place be built ground up somewhere isolated or less crowded. Hell, maybe even afford living arrangements period and take care of themselves.

But, of course, that's none of her concern. Poor schmucks better work harder.

Arriving home, she closes and locks the door behind herself. It's not too far from her little shop, so the walk didn't take too long. However, she cannot wait to just go to bed end put an end to the horrible day.

Her door isn't too far from the steps, so she leisurely takes her time to get up the wooden stairs. Halfway up, she pauses then reversed herself back down and into her kitchen. "Took you only forever to get here." Belial comments from his seat at the kitchen table, feet on said table. She forgot about him.

"Get your dirty feet off my furniture."

He complies while looking at her tired form up and down, "and what happened to your hat and vest?"

She pats the top of her head then rolls her eyes and scoffs. "Alastor took it. Minnie shot me."

His usually bored expression sparks into mild interest and surprise. "I can't believe she tried it. I'm guessing she's dead?" [Y/n] confirms his suspicions. "Guess better you doing it than me. But that guy? What do the idiots down here call him... The Radio Demon? What were you doing with him?"

She sits herself down in a chair across from her demon friend, "he came by my shop bein nosy. Don't worry about it. I just want to rest."

"Well, okay, if you say so. But your money is already in your safe—and before you bite off my dick, I did not physically touch it myself, I only phased the money through it."

"I w-ahem, wasn't going to ask." She deadpanned, a smirk daring itself to dance upon her lips.

"Well you always do, just saving time." He gets up from his seat, "see you and try not to piss off any Angels."

The sinner slinks herself up from the chair and walks to her fridge. She eyes the barren wasteland that it is before setting her ironic food situation aside and simply reaching for a bottle of whiskey. She rips off the plastic seal then top and tosses it on her table, relief chilling her body once the stinging beverage slid down her dry throat. She doesn't stop her long swig until reaching her companion standing in her kitchens open door frame. "You s-," she coughs, "ay that as if just me existing here isn't already pulling their panties between their asses."