Chapter 8

Akira’s POV

    After sending you off, and declaring my partnership with Ryuji, he insists on treating me despite my refusal.  He was already dragging me to the restaurant with the usual, bright grin he always wears. Once we got there and started eating, we talked to get to know each other more.  Unfortunately, I also told him the reason behind my criminal record which in response, caused Ryuji’s jaws to drop and back on the table in irritation. “What the hell!?” Ryuji shouted.  I could feel the stares of the annoyed customers behind us, and attempted to calm him down. “Quiet down. It’s not that big of a deal, it’s all in the past now.” I said.

    Ryuji only frowned at me in concern.  “Are you for real dude? You were totally innocent, if it was me, I’ve given that dick a piece of my mind.” he said.  Almost instantly, he went back to stuffing his face with food. “So afterwards…..you left your hometown ...and moved here?” he questioned, mouth full of food.  I nodded in response before starting to eat as well. I hear Ryuji talk again. “Huh. You and I are not so different after all.” I looked back at him, tilting my head.  “Is that so? What did you do?” I asked out of curiosity. I could see ryuji’s face stretched in surprise from the corner of my eye. “I ain’t got a record like you, ah, I mean- look that’s not the point.” He corrected himself.  I could only chuckle at him.

    Ryuji places his bowl down and lowered his head.  “Being treated like this. A pain in the ass, a big thorn in everyone's side.  It’s like we’re outcast in their eyes.” Ryuji added. I narrowed my eyes at the thought.  “Outcasts huh?” I sighed. “And plus, I did something really stupid in school too.” Ryuji mumbled.  That made me curious. The Kamoshida in the castle called him a “Track Traitor.” What exactly did Ryuji do to receive that title?  Finishing his food, Ryuji places his bowl back on the table, and looked at me. “You live in Yogen right? It’s best to kill some time before you head to the subways during rush hour.” Ryuji said before looking at my bowl and adding more to it.  “What are you doing?” I questioned. “Making sure you’re not all skin and bones, think of it as my thanks for helping me.” he replied with a grin. “From now on, we gotta look out for each other, dealing with Kamoshida will make us feel a whole lot better.” he added.

    I only nodded in agreement, then thought deeply about (Y/n).  ‘Hm. I wonder if she can tell us anything more about him.’ I suggested in thought.  “Hey Ryuji?” The blonde responded with a hum. “Do you think we can get (Y/n) to help us out?” Ryuji just stared at me quietly before widening his eyes abruptly.  “Wh-What!?” he exclaimed. “She’s Kamoshida’s assistant right? She might tell us more about the abusement.” I explained.

    Ryuji only shook his head.  “Dude we only got lucky last time.  How do you know she won’t clamp up again and give us the cold shoulder?” I narrowed my eyes.  I’ve been connecting the pieces together. The feeling of being followed the other day when I walked her to the subway, the rumors about (Y/n) and Kamoshida, and not to mention, the unforgettable appearance she presented herself to Morgana, Ryuji, and I back at the castle.  The fact that Kamoshida even dared to put his hands on her irritates me. “The details I have about her is not fully complete, but it may be enough to get her to talk.” I responded. “Geez dude, talk about scary. Remind me not to get on your bad side.” Ryuji jokes. I chuckled nonchalantly.  “But let’s focus on the volleyball team before we could get to her.” I added.

    Ryuji nods in agreement.  “Yeah, and since the volleyball rally is tomorrow, we can get around unnoticed.  So let’s talk about the details then.” Ryuji added. “Right …..Hey! Cut it out!” I suddenly exclaimed, trying to stop Ryuji from adding more extra stuff to my bowl.  Ryuji chuckled playfully. “You need to eat more man! There’s mostly ginger there now!” he exclaimed fighting to fill my bowl to the brim.