Fourteen || Aaron & Aiden

Start from the beginning

"I would've thought Aiden would go with Ethan." Stiles, still in his never changing outfit, got up from leaning on the lockers.

"Well, he can't leave." Jacy locked up her locker, nodding towards the double doors at the end of the hall. "There are a lot of myths on ghosts - most are wrong."

A kid walking down the hall sent Jacy a look, "You talking to yourself?"

"Ever heard of a bluetooth?" She snappily replied, leaving the school building. "Some legends are that only on Halloween can the dead walk versus the ghost being tied to a house they died in. Neither of those are right."

"What is right, then?" Stiles got into the Honda with Jacy, turning on the radio himself. He moved the volume down so they could hear each other.

"Most are tied to the town or city that they died in."

"Most?" Stiles rose an eyebrow, "There's more to it?"

"Emotional ties play in for some as well." Jacy thought of Allison, "Kind of like a weekend pass to check up on people you love that are alive."

"Does Allison get to see her dad?"

Jacy nodded, "Argent and Isaac are in France. She gets to see them sometimes."

"What about her mom?" Stiles watched the trees as they drove to the Dane residence.

"Yeah, her mom isn't around," Jacy said. "She's below ground - way below. She managed to get through to Allison, at one point though. Al said she was hallucinating her mom around the time the alpha pack showed up."

"All right, what about Kate?"

"Psycho aunt?" She shook her head as the blue car pulled up to Jacy's house. "Haven't seen her around. From what I heard, I'd assume she's in the lower rings of Hell."

"Good. She deserves it." Getting out, he and Jacy went up to the front door. "Wait, wait." He smiled. "Give me your keys."

Jacy handed Stiles the keys, angling herself so no one saw a floating key ring.

In one try, Stiles successfully opened the door. He proudly turned to Jacy, "I'm getting good at this ghost stuff."

She smiled at his gleeful expression going into the house as Stiles motioned for her to. "Hey, so my-"

Stiles' eyes widened as they looked across the foyer. "Holy shit."

"Oh, my God."

The place was trashed.

Jacy dropped her bag, shutting the front door before hastily going to assess the damage. "Aaron?" She saw the living room dismantled and the kitchen with every door and cupboard open, but she couldn't find her puppy. "Aaron!"

Stiles jogged up upstairs, looking for Aaron, but also found the second floor untouched. In a dead silence, he heard whimpering. "Jacy!"

Jacy took no time at all getting upstairs, a panicked look on her face as she got to the doorway of her own room. "Is she in here?"

"She's under the bed," Stiles said, his eyes falling upon a small blood trail leading to the duvet.

Jacy went on her knees and palms, pulling up the hem of the comforter. "Are you okay, sweetie?" She put her hand out towards the shaking dog.

Aaron could barely inch forward and had to be scooted out by Jacy. When brought out from under the bed, her coat was muddled red.

"Jacy, what the hell happened here?" Stiles came back from her en suite with a towel in hand and gave it to her.