CHAPTER NINE

Devanté pov.

I shot up from the bed looking around and squinting from the sun in my face.

It was a dream. THANK GOD.

"Baby?" I heard my angel whine next to me, I held her face in my hands and broke down in tears.

"Trinity I'm sorry! I love you baby I love you and I don't wanna hurt you you hear me? I'm fucked up girl I'm real fucked up to the point it's fuckin with my head." I held her body in my arms as I cried, she looked up at me confused but I could tell she was worried.

"Donald it's time for you to go to rehab." She said softly. "You need to get help for all this drinking, and maybe there they can give you counseling, talk about the robbery." I listened to her words and rocked her Back and forth. 

"I will, I will baby I promise."
"After the baby shower, okay? We'll go, check you in."

It was a dream, thank fucking god it was a dream. I kept saying in my head kissing my babies face as she got ready for the shower today. I spent the whole day by her side, Hell me and tisha even got a long today. I stared at Trinity as we opened gifts smiling at her, she looked up and noticed kissing my nose.

"I love you." We both said.

I went off to rehab a day later, said goodbye to my family, Trinity stayed behind a bit to help me unpack.

"Trin?"
"Yes devanté?"
"Thank you."
"For what?"
"For being my angel, for standing by me and loving me through it all."

Her little face turned red as she smiled, u kissed her lips softly then her stomach.

"I love you too Harmony you and mommy to death."
"Harmony? Is that her name?" She laughed pulling me back up to her face.
"Yeah. Harmony." I smiled kissing her again. "And by time I get out, she gone be here she gone know her daddy."
Trinity Smiled.
"Trinity?"
"It's Nevaeh." When she said that I held her hands in mine squeezing them.
"Only if you want that."
"I do."

I bit down on my bottom lip and looked at her.
"Promise me."
"Promise you what?"
"You'll be my wife when I'm done."
She gasped as I got down on one knee pulling out a FAT ASS engagement ring FAT MY NIGGA I MEAN SHIIIIINING. My bad.
"I will!" She jumped in my arms hugging and kissing on me.

We heard a knock at the door.
"Mr. DeGrate visiting time is over." The nurse said as she stood in the door way.

"I gotta go baby, but I'll be here to see you every day." My girl kissed me long and I watched as her body walked out the room.

Thank god that was a dream.

Every week she was here felt like us getting to know each other all over again, i was patient with her, I was learning how to love her. I craved her presence without the need of sex, without needing to be skin to skin..she became my best friend. As the days passed I noticed her stomach get bigger and bigger, soon my baby will be here but I still don't feel 100% complete, like there was something I needed to do.

"Harmony dove DeGrate." She said as we lay under a tree in the courtyard of the facility.
"Perfect." I smiled looking up at the sky.
"You know? Everyone is so proud of you, especially Dalvin."
"He taking care of you?"
"Yeah, him, tisha and the boys have been a huge help."
I nodded staring at her large stomach and takes my hand rubbing it.
"Have you tried to get your parents to come around?" I asked watching her face scrunch up.
"No, tisha said they disappeared after Christmas.."

That was it, that was what I had to do, I have to get her parents back to her. The day passed as fast as it came and all I could think about everything that has happened for us to get here. The night fell and I laid out on the bed writing a song I planned on singing to her at the wedding, until my fuck ass nurse came banging on the door.

"Mr.degrate? Your brother is on the phone." I hopped up following him to the phone and picked up.

"You know I got a room phone right?"
"She had her De! Harmony is here!"
"Damn man, let me talk to her."

He gave Nevaeh the phone and I hear her soft cries before she reaches me.
"Baby girl I'm so proud of you, I love you."
"I love you more devanté, she's so beautiful she looks just like you big hazel eyes and thick curly hair."
I laughed at her excitement.
"Damn thick and curly? Musta been hell pushing her out huh?"
"You stupid." She laughed back and I hear tiny coos close around where she spoke.
"She tryna talk to daddy already huh? Hey baby girl I'm gonna spoil you got it? Til then tell them punk ass niggas they better do it til I get home."
"She smiled de!!! She smiled!!"
"She knows."
"How much longer?"
"I don't know mamas, but soon as I find out I'm coming to you and our kids you hear?"
"I love you Donald."
"I love you too nevaeh, kiss my baby and tell her I love her too."

With that we hung up and I made my way back to my room, looking at my chart.

Discharge date: 2 days