CHAPTER FIVE

The days I spent here with DeVanté were sweet and sour, some days he was the perfect man, others? A demon. By time New Years rolled around I'd already had four black eyes and a bruised face, not to mention I was pregnant. When I found out I wanted to tell tisha so bad, but she would never pick up the phone, and telling my parents was definitely out the question , I just felt so alone, but according to DeVanté I didn't need anyone just him, and the kids.

"Aye baby, come on before dalvin ugly ass blow me up nah, ion see why we gotta go to this fuck ass party." I heard him mumbling from the room, looked back to see him dressing Dayana he saw me and smiled.
Dayana ran off and he came up behind me grabbing my face and kissing me passionately with his large hand holding on to my stomach, I winced a bit, the scar on my face stung from the time he hit me with a belt, the leather tore my skin, and if anyone asked what happened we'd say I fell on broken glass.

"Aw damn, I'm sorry." He pulled away gently rubbing his thumb on it. "Battle scar, it makes you stronger.

I turned away from him and snarled. "It's not a battle scar if only one of us was hittin."

He quickly turned me back around and put his finger in my face. "Watch it." He let me go and I continued my make up. "That's what gets your little ass beat now, your smart ass mouth, all I ask your ass to do is take care of the kids, cook and be a fucking woman, suck my dick without me asking, Look Nevaeh I'm doing everything I just want SOMETHING to come back to."

"Devanté I take care of the kids, I cook, I clean, I iron your clothes, I do everything you ask me to and I still get beat!"
He leans against the wall staring at me as I spoke, I put down my lipstick and broke down crying.
"What am I doing wrong?"
He came back and turns me around pulling me into his chest kissing my forehead, his tall body leaned against the door as he held me, I could feel his heart beat.

"I love you girl, you know? I hit you because..I'm scared to lose you, if I scare you you won't leave me." His deep voice started to crack as he whispered the words, I looked up to see tears, he was crying, I held his face and stared into his light brown orbs.

"Donald, I'm never leaving you, not for a damn thing in the world, you're my dream, everything I've ever wanted and then some but hitting me? Constantly beating me.."
"I'll stop baby! Okay? Yeah? I'll stop I won't hurt you."
He kissed me deeply holding my body even closer to the point there was no space between us, his lips were so soft, if forget we were even kissing.
After about 20 minutes of attacking each other's lips we heard a tiny knock followed by another, devanté opened the door to see Justin holding Dayana in his arms both smiling up at us, he pulled them in and squatted down hugging us all, I grabbed my camera taking a picture of them together.

"Daddy got us aight? And especially you too little baby

"Daddy got us aight? And especially you too little baby." He rubbed my stomach and kissed it, I wasn't even showing yet and he was already in love with whoever was growing inside.

We made our way to dalvin's crib about half an hour late, when we got there the face he made said it all, the kids went to play, me and DeVanté made our way to the couches.

"Well if it isn't elephant boy." K-ci joked
"Nuh uh man that's bootleg prince." Jo-jo followed
"Nah just devanté bitch ass." In came dalvin, devanté shrugged lighting a blunt I'd rolled him earlier and blew the smoke out his nose.
"Make y'all jokes niggas, laugh it up, don't forget who writes y'all songs." He chuckled.
"Bro I said 10:00, it's 11 and some change." Dalvin growled at his big brother then looked at me. "Why you so quiet? Nigga put his hands on you again?"
Devanté slacked his lips and swatted his hand at dalvin.
"Mind your fucking business that's your problem, you nosey ain't nobody hit nobody, she shy."

I'd only met dalvin twice and both times I was fucked up, he yelled at devanté for how I looked but him being younger devanté would just brush him off.

"Hi dalvin, it's nice to see you again." I finally spoke, dalvin smiles back and hugs me, devanté growled causing the hug to be short lived but dalvin kept a smile.

"Guess what y'all? My baby having a baby." Devanté gloated, dalvin scrunched up His face at his brother and stood up, k-ci and jo-jo made the same expression but they all kept quiet knowing if they said anything they'll set devanté off.
"Congrats de." K-ci said dryly off in the corner.
Dalvin stared at his brother, he was disgusted.

"Take a picture boy fuck, staring at me." Devanté barked.
"What happened to you?" Dalvin said softly but before devanté could speak again the sound of fireworks blasted outside.

"Happy New Years little brother."
"Fuck You devanté."