CHAPTER ONE

I was everything my mother and father wanted me to be, smart, pretty.

"THE FUCK I TELL YOU NEVEAH HUH? HAVE MY SHIT COOKED BEFORE I GET HOME!"

I had straight A's in school, never missed a single day never was a second late.

"DONT RUN FROM ME YOU MUST'VE FORGOT WHO I WAS GIRL."

Every body loved me. But, I threw all of that away. I started missing school, I left my family behind.

"AND THE FUCKING KIDS NOT SLEEP?! NEVEAH!"

I became...a slave, an empty shell, it felt like he'd took my soul.

"Now look at you..fucked up and for what?"

All because of him.

"I'm sorry devanté."
——
[1 year ago]

"Trinity! Come on now before the bell rings."

There I was, standing in the middle of the hall, at my locker staring at the brown eyed man hanging on the inside.

"Give me a second tish, let me say goodbye to my husband." I giggled closing the door and turning to my friend who had a scowl plastered across her pale face.

"Yeah, yeah, we do this every single day." She grabbed my arm and we made our way to the parking lot awaiting my chauffeur to come get us.

"He's usually here by now." I checked my wrist watch and looked up, there he was pulling up right as the bell rang, we jumped in and drove off before any one could come out and see us.

"Why do we rush off like that everyday?" Tisha laughed looking out the window.

"To avoid getting asked for a ride!" We both laughed bobbing our heads to the radio.

"Yesss ladies that was the newest song by jodeci come and talk to me, speaking of talking tomorrow night they'll be in town for a small little concert so if y'all want to meet the boys you best get them tickets now before they sell out and they going fast!" The announcer spoke and we screamed, scaring my driver a bit.

"Girl do you hear that??? Jodeci is gonna be in town TOMORROW!!" I squealed shaking my best friend she gripped my arms squealing back.

"What are we gonna wear!" Tisha laughed grabbing onto her necklace that had a small picture of the group hooked into it.

"Girl only the finest!"

Finally after what felt like hours of driving we'd made it to the neighborhood, tisha lived just down the street from me so rude homes was something we had no issue doing.

"See you later girl, call me so we can plan these outfits!"
She hugged me and we went off our separate ways to our respected homes.

Once I got in I noticed my mom at the stove cooking, no sign of my father yet.

"Hey ma!"
"Hey trin trin how was school?"
"Good mommy, mommy I have a question."

But before I could ask my father stepped in, I watched as my mom hurried away to greet him.

"Trinity! Come say hello to your father."

I walked over and hugged him, he gave me a peck on the head and a soft smile.

"How's my girl?" His deep voice filled the air as he took off his leather coat.

"Fine daddy." I responded.

"That's good princess, honey can you bring dinner to my office? I have a lot of work to finish tonight before my boss comes in trying to kick my ass."
She nodded in agreement and we both watched as he disappeared into his office closing the door behind him.

"You had a question trinity?" She asked as she plated his food, I'd almost forgot the question.

"Right, well, mommy, Tomorrow jodeci is performing just about 20 minutes off from the city."

She shook her head grabbing the plate and popping it in the microwave.

"No."

"No?"

"No, those boys are disgusting, they grab up young girls and have sex then move to the next city that's all those concerts are."

"Mom, your digging too deep."

"I said no trinity. You need to focus on school, besides you have your recital Saturday you wouldn't be able to go out that night."

I stared at the woman ahead of me as she grabbed the hot plate in her hand taking it to my father and staying in his office from what I always believed was the rest of the night. I never saw her eat, I never saw her sleep, and when he left? She'd be up cleaning. I never wanted to be that wife.

Once I ate I went back into my room, staring at the posters on my wall. There he was, beautiful eyes, beautiful skin, beautiful man, DeVanté. I'd spend my nights day dreaming about him, until I fall asleep going into a bigger dream, some romantic, some downright nasty, but mostly I was happy.