❹. Room With a Moose

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

After hanging out with Dib for the second time, you finally got his phone number so you both could exchange text messages.

As soon as you got home you decided to take advantage of the opportunity.

You: hey dib!! sorry if i'm bothering you, just thought i'd try out the texting to make sure i really got the right phone number ;owo

Dib: of course you did! I told you my number several times! Plus this is Dib after all, so... yep. Right number. By the way, you aren't bothering me, feel free to text me anytime you see something!

You: yep, of course i will!!

After having that conversation, you turned off your phone. Tomorrow was going to be a pain so you figured you'd get some rest.

However, what followed was going to surprise everyone.

That morning, it was pouring rain. Unfortunately, you didn't have any umbrellas with you at the moment, and you were in the middle of going to school. You figured now would be a good time to ask Dib for help.

So you called him. And he picked up immediately.

"(Y/n)!! Is everything okay??" Dib shouted through the speakers. You heard voices in the background, he must be at school already...

"Dib, I'm out in the rain." You said simply. He fumbled around before answering.

"What!? You'll get sick!" He shouted once more.

"I-I know! I was on my way to school when it started, and I don't have my umbrella." You explained.

"O-oh! I'll be right there!" Dib responded, and with that he hung up.

You figured it'd be best to keep walking instead of waiting there in the rain.

When you reached the entrance of the school, you saw Dib walking out with his umbrella in hand, ready to run out there and look for you. But he was surprised to see you already at the school.

You walked up to him. "H-hey..."

He shrieked. "(Y/n)! I'm so sorry, I should've got there faster! Now you might get sick and it'll be all my fault and-" he paused his worrying when he heard you simply say, "it's alright."

"I'll be fine." You continued. He slowly nodded.

"I-I can give you my jacket?" Dib offered. You shook your head.

"No thank you. I don't want to inconvenience you." You replied calmly.

"B-but it's not a problem really-!" He persisted.

"Dib, it's okay." You smiled.

The two of you walked to class together, and by then you were mostly dry. Thankfully it was warm inside the school.