❷. Paranormal?

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

The next day, you thought it might be better to play it safe and get to school early. You were actually... a little too early.

You were the first kid there. You even beat Ms. Bitters, and she gets paid to go there early.

"I guess I have this classroom all to myself." You told yourself outloud, a little louder than you usually speak.

Just then, an idea sparked. You smirked.

"If no one's here, then that means... I can run around the classroom!" You cheered.

You ran around, avoiding seats as much as possible. Unfortunately, you bumped into one and toppled over.

You almost screeched in pain, since you hit your knee so hard. However, before you could say anything, Ms. Bitters walked in.

"Oh, new girl. What are you doing here so early? Don't you have better things to do?" She growled.

You tried to get up and talk at the same time, but you doubled over and fell back on your butt, while stuttering.

"Sorry!" Was all you could say. You tried getting up again, this time quickly limping over to your seat.

"Did you get injured again? Oh boy. You're one clutz of a girl aren't you?" Ms. Bitters criticized. You were sure she didn't mean it, so you didn't take it personally.

"Yes ma'am..." you said, sighing.

Other kids began entering the classroom, along with your new best friend, Dib. You tried not to get too attached, but you had no one else to cling to.

Not that you had to cling to someone, but it's nice to have somebody to depend on when you're in a slump, right? A friend to care, that's all you asked for. And Dib fit that role perfectly in your eyes.

Well, you barely knew him... all he did was help you go to the nurse and shared a few kind words with you...! But you considered that to be enough.

You gently placed a hand on your face where your bandage was from yesterday as you fondly remembered your short conversation with him.

As you continued to stir in your own little world, Dib tried to grab your attention. For a while now, you've just been staring at him and he was getting worried.

"(Y/n), hey! You okay?" He waved a hand.

You shook your head to get out of your thoughts. You blushed a little in embarrassment. "O-oh, I'm sorry! I didn't realize I-I was staring at you!"

"Hey, it's fine. I do that too sometimes, it's really not a big deal." Dib reassured you. He seemed a bit concerned about it regardless.

"How's that wound of yours?" He asked, pointing to the bandage on your face.