Chapter 7

"Austin wake up" I whispered.

" What?"

"I want to go downstairs."

"So what? go."

"Jerk. My brother could see me comming out of your room and I don't think you'd enjoy an early morning ass kicking interview, Now go."

"Shhh"

"I'm not going to shusshh. Go check." I nudged him and he got up, cursing under his breath.

He came back shortly after that.

"They're downstairs"

"Okay, let's go then"

He sighed. I knew going down there was the last thing he wanted to do but he has to get on with his life and hiding in his bedroom all day isn't going to help him move on.  I walked down and saw everyone sitting down on the table. Mom was just setting down the food. I took a seat in front of Teddy.

"Hey, Teddy how'd you sleep?"

"Great! How about you?"

"Well considering I slept on the floor, could've slept better"

"Sorry" she giggled.

"Why didn't you come to my room?" Jess said sitting down right next to her.

"Well my dear step brother you were too busy cuddling with your friend, Jake here" I pointed to Jake who was making coversation with John about some football game I really didn't care about.

"Good point, but you know your just jealous cause I rather share my bed with Jake than you" We laughed.

Austin came and sat next to me. I smiled at him getting a nod in return. I felt a little nut in my throat and something was tickling my stomach I must be really hungry.

"Good Morning Austin" Mom greeted him.

"Hi" he answered her politely but kept his face emotionless. Mom got this and just smiled at him. I could tell she knew he was trying. I was happy that he was. Everybody started eating and talking about school, work and stuff. John had made a really bad Joke but even though it was totally stupid everyone was laughing at his randomness. When we finally managed to stop laughing..

"So, Austin what do you like to do on weekends?" Teddy asked him.

He looked at her.

"Umm, I don't know"

"What do you mean, don't you like the beach or something?" she looked confused.

" Well, I had to take care of my mom on weekends, so I never really had time to go out much"

Teddy stared at him in shock.

"I'm so sorry"

Austin nodded. I put my hand on his lap intertwining my fingers with his, doing my best to confort him. He flinched and pulled away. I was somewhat hurt, anyways, I'm just glad nobody saw that.

We spent all day goofing around. Austin was getting along with everyone but didn't talk to me much. This guy is really getting on my nerves. Why did I even care? It was about 8:00pm when we decided to go out to the movies. We all got dressed and decided to eat at a new restaurant near the theater . Teddy said she hadn't gone in a long time and since we were pretty rich I guess it could be fun. The place was really cool and all the food smelled fantastic.

 We all tried to fit in one car, It was hard but we did. It was Jess and Austin in the front and Jake, Teddy and me in the back squishing the life out of each other. Dad gave us some money for us to eat at the restaurant. Jessee thanked him and drove away.

The place was full when we got there, thank god we got reservations. We sat down and ordered the food. It took them forever to make that. We had been waiting for forty minutes. When it miraculously arrived we had to eat fast because the movie started in an hour and we still didn't have the tickets.

"Hurry your butts the movie's gonna start!" Teddy whisper-yelled.

To my surprise they wanted to watch Vampire Bride. It  was horriblee. Everyone was cheering on the Vampire that was about to drink the dumb blonde's blood. I on the other hand had my legs scooped up in my chair and my hands were pressing hard on my ears. 

Jessee had Ted wrapped up in his arms while Jake and Austin threw popcorn at some weird couple making out a few seats down our row. It looked like everybody was having a good time except me. I didn't want to be selfish and tell everyone I wanted to leave when Austin never really got to go out much. I can wait. It's just a movie. One more hour. Just one more hour. Deep breaths.

"Hey, beautiful. If your scared your welcome to come sit with me"  My head shot up at the sound of a deep voice. Oh dear lord. By the looks of it, he was around 20 years old, and looked like a greek god. He was wearing dark faded jeans and a black button-up shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows. His eyes were blue like the ocean, and I suddently felt like going for a late night swim.

"Really?" I raised my eyebrow and a smirk found it's way to my flushed face.

"Really" he smiled and reached out to take my hand. I could feel my group's stares on my back as I stood up and sat next to the hottest guy I've set my eyes on in a while. I still don't know why Austin shut me down like that, I really thought we could have a good friendship or even something more. What are you saying Kat? You just met him. Doesn't take away the sparks, does it? Yes! No. It's probably just attraction. Austin is obviously good looking and you felt sorry for him. 

"I'm Gabriel by the way"  I hadn't noticed he was staring at me the whole time.

"Kat, nice to meet you" I smiled and shook his hand.

Turns out I had a really good time, Gabriel was a really cool guy. We talked from time to time. He told me a little about his family and hobbies but the movie was over way too soon. I didn't see the guys or Teddy when I walked out of the theater. 

"Hey, I think your friends are waiting for you by the door." He pointed where they were. 

"Oh, Thanks. Umm.. I guess I'll see you around" I attentively waited for him to make any move on me.

"I hope so" His eyes never left mine.

With that I turned around and started walking towards the door.

"Kat! What in the world was that?" Teddy jumped on my back and I stumbled but managed to keep my balance.

"His name is Gabriel and he's so sweet. Oh and he plays guitar."

" Damn, really? Then you guys can play together, you have a guitar, right?"

"I think I might have one, or two"

She laughed and linked my arm with hers.

"Don't even think about it, Kat. I don't like him." Jessee said, turning around to face us.

"You don't even know him, Jess"  

" I know that I don't like him and that should be enough."

"It doesn't matter anyways, we never exchanged numbers or anything" I pouted.

"Kat, wait up!" I turned around and saw Gabriel running towards us. He handed me a piece of paper.

"I really, really  want to see you again" His blue eyes sparkled as they stared into my brown ones.

I smiled and nodded my head.

" I would really, really like that"  A smirk appeared on his face. He kissed my cheek and started walking back to his car.

Everyone except Jessee and Austin was wide eyed.

I heard Jake laugh.

"I know he was flirting with Kat, but damn I have to admit that was smooth" 

I laughed at his stupidness and kept walking.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

How do you guys like it so far? :) I really hope your enjoying it ! Leave some feedback if you want me to upload.

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! <3