Chapter 6

We pulled over at the mall, which was entirely full of people. Teddy giggled as she climed out the car and skipped her way towards the door. Once inside we went in all the stores that called out attention and bought what we liked.. After 3 long, tiring hours of running around the mall we finally decided to take a break and grab a bite at the food court.

"Oh god! I'm so full! " Teddy said drinking some water to try and gulp down the rest of her spagetti.

"Me too" I swallowed and pushed away my plate.

"Hey, look! Isn't that you brother?" Teddy pointed at Jessee

"Yeah, I think so"

"He is so freaking cuteeee!"

"What? you like my brother?" I looked at her in shock.

She blushed.

"No! I just said he's cute, woman!" Her red velvet hair covered her flushed face.

"Want me to call him over?" I wiggled my eyebrows.

Her eyes widened.

"No! Please don't, I really don't like him.."

I nodded.

"Hey, Jessee!" I yelled and he looked up, spotted us, whispered something to his bestfriend Jake and made his way over.

"Sup, sis?" He said and sat down next to Teddy. I saw her tense up a little. I mentally laughed.

"Not much, about to head back home and watch movies"

"Sounds like fun" he said smiling at Teddy, she blushed, smiled back but looked away. Wow she blushes a lot!

"Wanna come with?" I asked him hoping he'd say yes..

"Can Jake come?" he raised an eyebrow.

"Oh, please don't bring him! You know he makes me unconfortable"

"Kat, the guy has had a crush on you for like 3 years, it's a complimment, plus I really wanna spent time with you guys" He said the last part looking at Teddy. I sighed.

"I wouldn't call it a crush if he only likes me when he comes over, but fine." I gave up on him.

"Great, Meet you guys there" he winked at Teddy and make his way back over to where Jake was sitting.

"Oh my god! Why did you do that?, I could've died of a butterfly attack" Teddy was trying to catch her breath and clam her heart beats down..

"Butterfly attack? really?" She nodded and I rolled my eyes.

It took us about 30 minutes to get back home and make some popcorn. Jesse, Jake and Teddy were picking the movie we were going to watch. I noticed John's car parked outside so that means they're home. Mom's wasn't there so I'm guessing she got the late shift at the hospital which meant she'll be coming home late" She told me she had gotten a call from her lawyer, Mom and dad were officially divorced, and I couldn't be happier.

"Kat, you comming or not!" Jake yelled.

I opened the bag and dropped the hot popcorn into the big bowl.

"Help me out"

Teddy got up and took the popcorn and drinks off my arms. She sat down at the Small couch, Jessee followed her and sat right next to her wrapping an arm around her shoulders. They looked so adorable, but that meant I'd be sitting next to Jake who will probably try to make a move on me, like every other time he came over. Not that I wasn't flattered but Damn he didn't give up.

I pressed play and sat down on the edge of the big couch, Jake at my side. They picked a horror movie. I was the biggest chicken of all chickens or better yet I was the mother of all chickens when it came to horror movies. By the end of the movie I was half sitting on top of Jake. Curse horror movies.

"Okay! That's it ! I'm never watching another horror movie ever again, Your guys are evil!" I said as I got up the couch. Jesse and Jake looked amused. Awww Teddy was sleeping on top of Jessee's lap. I shut up and started pointing at her and making goggly eyes at Jessee. He laughed and brushed some hair off her face.

"Do I put her in your room?" he asked.

"Yeah just lay her down, I'll be right there."

Jess carried her upstairs while I took a shower and changed into my Pj's. When I came into my room Teddy was spread out across my bed, leaving me about no space for me to sleep in. I turned off the light and shut the door. Thinking about my options I could..

a) go sleep in the couch

b) sleep in Jess's room

c) go see  Austin..

I tip-toed my way to the living room not really wanting to go sleep with Jess. When I finally made it I saw mom sleeping in the big one, shoes on and everything. I walked over, took her shoes off and covered her up with a blanket. Thinking over my options I walked towards Jesse's room. I opened the door to see him and Jake fighing for the blanket pulling and pushing. I laughed, covered my mouth quickly and shut the door. I though about going into Austin's room but I really didn't want to fight. I just stood there, thinking. After a while I decided to think about it sitting down so I sat right next to the door and rested my head against the wall, falling asleep in minutes.

I felt someone lift me up but couldn't open my eyes. I decided to just sleep some more and find out later. After a while I opened my eyes and looked around. This looked like the guest room, how the hell did I get here ? I got off the bed but lost my balance when something hard hit my leg.

"Fuck!" Oh shit. I landed on Austin. Why was he sleeping on the floor?

"Are you okay?" I tried to sit him up but he flinched, holding his stomach.

"I'm fine" he growled still holding his stomach.

"How'd I get here?" I asked him

"I brought you in" he said in a 'duh' tone

"I really don't get you"

"What don't you get?"

"You. You treat me like shit but then your nice but then you fuck it up with you stupid attitude and then your back to nice "

"Yeah, Well I'm a complicated person "

" That's something I would agree on"

"Look, Let's just go to sleep" Climbing on the bed I pulled the sheets over my body and closed my eyes.

Thump Thump ... Thump

What the hell is that? Can't a girl get some sleep? I mean I need sleep, but no..

Pulling the blankets off myself, I checked on Austin. He was shivering and sweating like crazy.

"Austin" I nudged his side.

"Austin!" He looked up at me.

"It's just a nightmare" I tried to get his face to soften up.

He put his hands on his face and started sobbing? He has a heart? I mean obviously he has a heart but I mean he's not acting tough around me. He just let me see him all weak.

"You okay?" He didn't look up but he stopped sobbing.

"Please, get out" He sounded pissed even though he tried to desguise it . His eyes were watery although he stayed strong and didn't let them tears fall. I don't know what possesed me, but I hugged him. He tried to push me away at first but he gave in and hugged me back finally letting all the tears run down his face. I didn't say anything like 'it's alright' or 'its okay' I knew that wouldn't help so I just held him until we both fell asleep.

I woke up with the biggest back ache I've had in like ever. I looked around and saw Austin laying beside me wrapped up in the blanket looking cuter than ever.

What the hell is wrong with me?