"i'll... try." was his short and half hearted answer.

it didn't mattered to much because felix was sure that he would open up soon and tell him secrets that were meant to keep in closed doors.

-

"i messed up, again."

the excess rain that dripped off his clothes fell on the ground, slowly forming a puddle around him.

but honestly, hyunjin was to sad to even care about it. why the hell would seungmin chose felix over him? that's not how he expected this to end.

is this it? is this the sign that they weren't meant for each other?

jisung sat on the couch, not really paying attention but instead focusing on the television that played his favourite show.

"you're not even listening." hyunjin exclaimed loudly as he dragged his wet jacket on the floor; throwing it in the corner cus honestly he couldn't care less.

"tell me what's wrong," jisung patted the spot next to him, "in what way did you mess up?"

he told him basically everything, trying to not leave any crucial details out. he ended the story with a heavy sigh, letting his body sink into the soft couch.

"i don't think seungmin made a definite choice though."

"what do you mean?"

"i feel like he doesn't know if either. just imagine yourself in his shoes. would you know what your choice is?"

"yeah, i would choose me like heck i won't hesitate." he said with a cheeky smile.

"you have a lot of confidence for someone who lost their boy to their enemy."

"asshole," hyunjin shot up, "you're not helping. what do i need to do now?"

jisung removed his blanket off his lap and sat right across him. "give it time. i'm sure that's something everyone needs right now. seungmin was probably overwhelmed by the pressure and stress."

"right." jisung had a point and hyunjin hated to admit it. he sighed again, his gaze focussing on the dirty white ceiling that suddenly seemed hang further than ever.

he is trying to not think about the specific boy but he can't.

-

seungmin lied down on the mat on the floor instead of his bed. the cold and hard surface was suddenly more comfortable than the soft sheets.

he was lying here for a few hours now, thinking about whatever he should do but no solution came in mind. he felt like his mind went blank every time his name would appear in his thoughts.

"seungmin! open up."

the loud voice echoed through his tiny apartment. it wasn't a voice he recognises instantly. he was still lying on the ground, figuring out who the hell was at his door with probably not a good reason.

he groaned as he sat up. he wanted to lie here for just a little more.

"what." seungmin swung the door open and saw a smiling minho greeting him.