Chapter 4: Do You Fear Damnation?

As the church bell tolls, you and John, carrying the bags of weapons, walk down the deserted streets and head over to a locked gate. John pulls out the keys he was giving and the two of you walk in then you two go inside of the catacombs. Both of you started to pull out the guns from the bag, made sure that they were loaded and started to place them at certain parts of the cave.

Once you two were done with that, both of you make your way out of the catacombs and come out to this party that was going on with people dancing, drinking and a band playing on the stage. Both of you walk around until John stops and looks at this woman, who was wearing a large fur coat over her dress and her hair was pulled back in a bun. She was also surrounded by some guards.

"I'm guessing that's her." You said to John. He nods then takes your hand in his as you see the woman leave and head to a large building. John leads you to this building.

Once inside, both of you hid in the large bathroom just as you hear the doors open. Gianna walks inside, all alone. The perfect time to come in. She walks over to this large mirror and looks herself over when she noticed John standing behind her. "John." She said, slightly surprise that he was here. "Gianna." John said and she turns to him.

"There was a time not so long ago in which I considered us as friends." Gianna said. "I still do." John said as he starts to walk towards her. "Yet here you are. Death's very emissary. What brought you back, John?" She asked. "A marker." John replied. "Held by?" She asked. "Your brother." John replied and she looks down as if she had some idea that this would happen.

"Tell me, John. This marker... Is it how you got out?" She asked him. John nods as he walks closer to her. "And what is her name, this woman whose life has ended my own?" Gianna asked and that's when you walked out from behind the pillars. "Oh. You brought her here." Gianna exclaims, her eyes widen in shock as you look at her and start to walk over to John.

"What is your name?" Gianna asks you. "(Y/n)." You replied. "(Y/n)." Gianna repeated, softly, as she looks you over. Then she turns to John. "Is she worth the price that you now seek to pay?" She asks as she points at you. John nods as you said. "Believe me, ma'am. John didn't want to do this...but your brother didn't give him much of a choice. I'm only here to support my husband." Then Gianna looks over at you with interest and intrigue.

"Do you have a sister, (y/n)?" She asks and you look away in slight sadness as the memories of your sister flood your mind. "I did. She's...she's gone." You replied and Gianna continued to stare at you with interest. Then she walks up to you and asks. "And what was her name?" 

"Helen." You replied, holding back the tears.

"Helen." Gianna mutters then she looks over at you as you start to feel slightly uncomfortable. You felt like Gianna was scanning you, John noticed your hand was fidgeting again. "Now, let me tell you what happens when I die." Gianna said as she walks in front of you and John but mostly staring at you. "Santino will lay claim to my seat at the table. He will take New York. And your husband will have been the one who gifted it to him. What would your sister think about that, (y/n)?" She asks and you stare at her then look to the side. "What would she think about your husband? Or you, her own sister?" Gianna asked and you look at her with guilt then turn your head away.

Honestly, if Helen was still alive....she'd probably be freaking out and ask you if you were crazy for sticking around. And would raise hell over it. She was a very protective big sister and wanted nothing but the best for you. She did like John but if she found out about this, she would have done everything in her power to get you away from him. 

Maybe...it's better this way that she's gone. You thought then another thought came to your head. Am I a bad sister for thinking that?