Chapter 2 Revision

Hermione's POV

I dream and dream. I dream of an ocean kissing my toes and lapping my shins. I dream of fire, my ribs burn as well as my wrists and the bottom right corner of my skull. I scream underwater, my body soaks in salty tears. Seaweed comes and grabs my ankle and I'm suddenly poked with hot bee stings that zap my neck and thigh and inner forearms. When I scream now, it is silent.

I hear breathing. Light is bright on my eyelids and I lift them painfully. Everything is blurry and it hurts, I cough my throat is parched and my body feels heavy with lead. I blink a few times, my heart feels sluggish. I blink again and it's clear. I look around, cringing at the pain in my neck when I hear a groan besides me. A curtain separates us but I could see the person tossing and turning.

"Hello?" I croak, then notice water next to me, I gulp it down as the person stops moving all together.

"Shut up, mud blood" growls a very familiar voice.

I jump but force the fear down and talk normally, setting the cup back on the end table "Hello Malfoy" I start, looking away, "Fancy seeing you here"

"I wouldn't be here if Pothead would have minded," There is a grunt, "his own damn business."

"In our textbook, muggles call this karma" I reply, glaring over to where he is, relaxing to our usual banter.

"Hey Granger?"

"Yes, Malfoy?" I mimic.

"Screw you" He curses.

"Oh, great comeback" I roll my eyes and lie back to fight the dizziness.

"Ugly mud blood gives such great commentary" Malfoy snaps.

"Oh sod off, Malfoy" I close my eyes and put my arm over my eyes, "I still have more class than you even as a mud blood"

I hear a screech of curtain and a smile tugs on my lips, "Go away"

He grabs my arm and holds it above me, I open my eyes and glare at him, "Malfoy let go of me"

"Seems like you are obsessed with saying my name" He smirks, leaning close.

Then it feels like a filter covers my eyes as I stare into his eyes.

Draco eyes are ironically beautiful and he has no shirt but a big white bandage across his chest and wrapping around his shoulder. His mouth is pulled in a smirk and his face poised over mine with a challenging look in his eyes. Without thinking, I touch his bandage sliding my hand over the wound. The bandage is stained red and the skin is hot, he shifts and lets out a sigh, I pull back suddenly afraid it hurt.

I feel him let go of my arm, his eyes are wide and cheeks are pink. He turns around and coughs, "The nurse left you this"

He grabs something from his side and hands it over, not looking at me.

"Why do you have it then?" I say suspiciously, looking at it warily.

"I was gonna take it, since I was in pain, but I know she's gonna realize that isn't true" He says gruffly, "take it, you stupid witch"

I grab it, glaring at him, "Shut up"

I toss it back and cough at the bitter taste. But then my fatigue and pain is gone, I feel exhilarated, "That feels better"

He lumbers back to his cot, "You're still a bitch"

I roll my eyes, "Sod off, Malfoy"

The door opens before he can reply and Harry, Ginny and Ron come in yawning. When they see me up, they yell, "Hermione!" And run towards me.