Chapter 43

My heart seems to be beating really fast, looking for Draco. I ask around shyly but persistently, yet no one had seen him. Then there he is, when I turn the corner, he is lying underneath a tree napping. I feel something in my chest loosen seeing his peaceful expression. I step out onto the grass where he lay, his shirt untucked and slightly open, the wind coming through his hair and clothes softly. HIs face is serene with his hands tucked behind his head, his blonde hair sways with each breath of wind. I feel tears start to gather as I drop beside him, tucking my legs underneath me. This love was so hard to keep, but in this moment, I knew I could never leave him. I gently touch his hair away from his face, wiping my years. He stirs, his eyes flutter open and focus on me before they widen.

"Hermione-" he croaks pathetically, before he clears his voice, flushing.

"Draco...I-um" Now seeing him, hesitation and doubt clog my throat.

He releases his right hand and reaches up to wipe my tears softly before lifting himself up with his other hand and placing his lips softly onto mine. Wiping some of my tears with his thumb, cupping my cheek. I close my eyes, placing one hand onto his chest and the other on my leg. HIs body heat sends a shot of warmth inside me. I can feel his heart thudding against my fingertips, matching my own.

"Hermione" He says breathlessly, pulling away to catch a breath.

I'm struck by the loving gaze-half lidded with a struck smile and burning cheeks.

"I-" I swallow hard, "I want to forgive you, I-I just need time but I love you even though you-you hurt me" tears run down my cheeks as I sniffle and look away.

"Hermione, I'm so sorry, I have no excuses, I shouldn't have done it, whether it was with Isabelle or not" I feel him grip my chin and line my eyes with his, "I've gone soft, believing in the wrong things all my life. I was an asshole, plain and simple and I didn't know how to really feel anything but blind pleasure from bullying and fuckin'. But you always seemed to light my blood on fire with your fight at manor to you writhing under me, I want you so bad, I don't think I could ever love another, ever. We have said it a thousand times, But i am so in love with you, I'll do anything to be with you, you've changed me" He says earnestly, the emotion in his eyes overwhelm me.

"Draco-what about your mother?" I ask breathlessly.

He gives a thousand watt smile, "Harry used some of his gold to help my mother and hide my family away from harm. Not including my father- he choose his side" his eyes look pained at this, but my heart swelled.

"Y-you are calling him Harry, oh gosh, Draco I love you!" I tackle him, wrapping my hands in his hair as i kiss him. We fall back, the sunlight tickles our faces through the trees.

I was being selfish, only caring for myself concerning Draco, but I couldn't help it. After helping so many, I only wanted Draco from myself. We lay there for hours, wrapped up in each other.

~

"Hermione, someone wants to speak with you" I turn to see Ginny in her Quidditch class colors. Her face is twisted and she steps to the side to reveal a familiar stony face.

"Hullo Hermione" says Isabelle coolly.

"Can you give us a minute?" I ask Ginny, my hand on my wand.

Ginny hesitates then catches my look before nodding and mutters a low curse word before turning and leaving.

Isabelle has a tank top and skinny jeans on, her hickies on full display. She tugs on a jacket from her purse and leans against the closed door.

"Draco, was someone I loved and admired as a child" she began looking at the ground distastefully, "He was so cold, frigid even, at five years old. I had witnessed his punishments one time when he had not gotten his spells correctly and his father whipped him across the back with a whip at six years old with me hiding in the coset. He didn't cry out though, not even a single tear when he was getting his back blistered and bloodied. He didn't speak much, but opened up to me at the age of eight. I have never seen him cry and I admired the strength. That he could not feel and had such loyalty for our Dark Lord." She pauses and her cold eyes shoot to mine, "Until you came, when I finally saw him after his first year of Hogwarts he hated you" -I wince, she ignores it- "always cursed your name calling you mudblood and do-gooder and spoiled bitch. The years to come he called you all these names, for punching him, cursing him, being better than him. I was amused at first then became stunned by the the passion and fire in his eyes at the mention of your name. I hated the change. Then, I was to marry him and I was going to make him the way I wanted; following my orders, pleasuring me the way I wanted and being my right hand ally. In a way, I wanted him passionate for me only. But meeting him outside that nasty house, he didn't want me, his eyes were softer, his hair not slicked back, he called me little sister and I pouted when he laughed. I had never heard him genuinely laugh before, I wanted to kiss away the unfamiliar face, to catch him off guard. Then I heard a noise and Draco's face dropped and he whispered your name and I knew it was over as he took off after you. I had lost him to you and I hated it. He wasn't my Draco, I saw him cry over you. Only after, had he shut off his emotions again. I was proud of myself but the softness, I missed, I wanted him to care for me like he did you. Sex was all it was and he called out your name all the time. I was a toy, mannequin, a living sex doll. Now, all I want is to make sure he's happy because he deserves it, even if it's you" she finishes, her gaze unwavering.

"Honestly Isabelle, you are a coward. It's none of your business, it's his choice whether he's happy or not. What you want is a peace of mind, after you were treated as a doll, you must've realize that is what you wanted. I love Draco, you never cared for him and still don't. Goodbye Isabelle" I say heatedly.

"That's fair, good luck, Hermione" Isabelle replies, turning and leaving. She pauses at the door and nods at me.

I could see her soul slowly slipping away, her eyes are clear but her lip quivered and her fingers shook but she stood tall.

I crack and nod back, slipping a small smile. I release the air I was holding and sag onto my bed. My mind was spinning so I decide to work on homework. My body relaxing into the familiar position, I felt at ease for the first time since I died. Crookshanks cuddled in my lap and I smile, placing my pencil beside me hugging her. In the wee hours of the morning, I get hungry and stretch. Ginny and the other girls slept around me, the silence spell had made them give up on talking to me. I move my books and slip on my slippers.

I quietly walk out, tip toeing in the darkened hallway, heading for the kitchen. I pull my long sleeves down and adjust my tracky bottoms. Getting food was difficult, since it was made with magic, most of the food was sealed. Thank the Lords I knew most of the spells casted and how to avoid them. The kitchen is on the ground floor in the back with inconspicuous markings for elves to find it. A grey stone arch sat above the seemingly harmless double wooden doors. I tap on the side of the arch, where the latin word was drawn for 'open' and the door opens soundlessly for me. I tread quietly as I could across the cold stones and into the warming kitchen. Large steel crates line the inside of the large room where a massive oval wooden table sat clean and scarred. Two enormous cabinets stood directly behind it. It was a summoning cabinet for the food, I shivered and moved closer just as a large fire starts to burn in the hearth directly to the left of me.

"It's not everyday Hermione decides to come to the kitchen for food instead of summoning an elf" says an amused voice.

My body jolts and I spin to the right to see Headmaster Dumbledore with a wine glass in one hand sitting in a comfy armchair. He, too, has slippers on with rosy cheeks and a night cap.

"H-headmaster--" I stutter, my cheeks stained red as I gaze horrified at him.

"Oh, it's quite alright m'dear, you've done nothing wrong, I myself have come for some wine and cheese, the elves never seem to get the exact amount I want" He laughs, taking a sip of the warm red liquid swirling in the transparent glass.

"I don't wish to wake them" I say embarrassed, my hands twisting the shirt I wore.

"As kind as ever, it's truly a miracle even you could tame such a stubborn boy as Draco Malfoy" chuckles Dumbledore, a sparkle in his eye.

My cheeks blaze, and I bow my head, "Headmaster, I-I know he has his troubles but he is truly a remarkable person, I didn't do a-any of a sort-"

"Oh Hermione, you do live up to the name of the most talented, humble witch, I wish you happiness in your journey with such a boy, and considered your homework excused, not everyone gets to die and come back, anything you turn in is extra credit" his eyes twinkle as he snaps his fingers and the best food ever made appears, gourmet to me.

Pizza

"Enjoy" he smiles at me before disappearing, leaving me to devour the entirety of the pepperoni goodness.

I had to smile, and sat and ate.

~~~~~~

Okay, alright, it's ending. Don't hate meeeeeeeee.

I love Twenty-One Pilots. Just, my feels. Next chapter is Epilogue which I am righting currently, thanks for everything <3

-Tummy

(Can't help falling in love +Twenty-one Pilots)