Who?

Izuminokami yawned as he sat back on the high rooftop looking above the small town. They had another job to stop the Time Renegade Army. He and Horikawa were on watch for any sign of them or even what they could be doing here. Right now it was just him since Horikawa wanted to grab some water and would be back quickly. Izuminokami rubbed his face trying to wake up, he just was tired from a long day of traveling around. Searching for clues and trying to locate a good spot to have an eye on over most of the town. He laid back and closed his eyes for a moment and sat up. He didn't bother turning around to look at who came there.

"Ah. Good, you're back Horika-" He began but was cut off as he felt a sharp pain in the side of his neck. He turned to meet a masked figure squatting before him. He quickly reached for his sword but the figure jumped up and kicked him off the rooftop. He did not have enough time to react before he went crashing into the ground. He grunted and moved to his feet but let out a gasp of pain and fell over. It hurt to move his leg, he looked down and saw it was bent at an unnatural angle. He struggled to sit up and move out of the way. His brain was a rush with questions, Who was this? Why were they after him? Could they be helping their enemy? Yet, he shook his head and reached for his sword. He had to defend himself somehow, yet, whoever this was they were very quick. Then there was something about him that was just frightening. He could not place it, perhaps it was the mask or more likely the silent quick way they moved. Yes, that was it. It was the way they moved. Whenever fighting he could always tell that his opponent had a goal, for this one though...he could barely tell what they were.

He froze as he heard something land behind him. He tried to turn but he was held in place with a strong arm. A gloved hand covered his mouth while the other hand gripped his wrist painfully tight. He let out a muffled cry as he felt his hand loss slight circulation. He shook his head trying to move even a bit as he had to release the sword. He then grunted softly as another sharp pain was felt in his neck. Once again he tried to struggle but he slowly felt the strength leave his body. Yet, besides the strength leaving his body it was hard to focus on the strong smell of Jasmine filling his senses. There was another smell there but he could not place it. Why do these gloves smell like Jasmine? Was his last coherent thought before he felt himself be dropped to the ground. He was sure something else happened but his mind was too cloudy to think clearly before everything turned to just black.

~~~

"How is he?" Asked Horikawa as he looked at Yagen who was finishing the bandage around Izuminokami's head.

"Besides having a broken leg and some wounds he should be fine," Yagen replied calmly. Horikawa let out a relieved breath as his shoulders relaxed. He found Izuminokami at the foot of the building unconscious. He brought him back to the inn as quickly as he could where Yagen was quick to treat him. Horikawa then looked at the others who were all seated around trying to figure out what happened. Izuminokami was not one to be so easily surprised or knocked out like this. Besides they found his sword on the ground beside him not even drawn. It couldn't have been the Time Renegade Army, they would have killed him, not left him laying there.

"We have no other choice than to wait until he wakes up," Tsurumaru said sitting crossed legged and leaning back against the wall.

"I guess while we wait for that we should continue looking into finding the Time Renegade Army." Horikawa sighed giving one last look at an unconscious Izuminokami.

"Right, yet, someone should stay here with him to make sure he'll be alright." Said Tonbokiri looking to Izuminokami as well.

"I could stay with him," Horikawa said quickly.

"Are you sure?" Yagen asked. "If whoever did this to him would come back here you might to worried about him to act fast."

"He does have a point," Tsurumaru said. "Why doesn't Mutsunokami and Konnosuke watch him while we go back to look into the Time Renegade Army."