Rhysand x Reader

Warning: mentions of physical abuse by you guessed it Tamlin the tool. Also for this to work Feyre and Rhys aren't mates but instead Feyres grandfather was friends with Rhys a long time ago so Rhys took her in for an old friend.

This oneshot is for @Millycrouzet. Sorry it took so long. I stared writing it last week then had exams so I just finished it. If you want a part two just let me know. :)

Also I never check my work for errors because I'm lazy so sorry in advance

It's been one month since Feyre left. One month since (Y/N)s best friend was saved and whisked away from the court of thorns. Leaving her behind unintentionally. The night court was one (Y/N) dreamed about, quite literally. As the spring court servant slept each nice she saw images of swirling skies, wings and the colour violet. Then once she woke up it was back to reality and back to him.

As she walked down the hall her arms ached carrying the tray with the high lords breakfast. When she dreamt of violet she hardly imagined her arms and cheekbone would be the same colour marked in bruised finger prints and cuts. It was like this when Feyre was around too but only firm grips on the arm and shoving to 'encourage' her to do jobs faster. Now since Feyre was gone for good to the night court instead of the one week a month that was the original plan it was claws and backhands. (Y/N) missed her best friend, their sneaking out into the Forest, going and stealing food well past midnight and just having someone to talk to where she could speak her mind and not hide behind the shy unworthy servant facade. She was snapped out of her thoughts when she reached the door she dreaded to be at. She knocked twice. Silence.
(Y/N) took a deep breath and opened the door.

Like usual the room was trashed. Tamlin however was sleeping soundly with a deep frown that is permanently on his face. (Y/N) quietly set the tray down, closed the door and ran back to her room fearing what would happen if he woke up. She couldn't keep living like this. It was an endless spiral. Once she got to her room she broke down completely and fell on her bed. As she fell she heard the sound of paper. Strange. (Y/N) sat up and found an envelope with her name on it in scrawled writing. She turned it over and saw the mountains and stars on the back. She carefully opened it and read :

(Y/N)
I'm so sorry I couldn't take you with me when I escaped that night. They only had enough time to take me and that was enough trouble as is. Please believe when I say I've been thinking about how I can bring you here everyday. I have and I've convinced a friend of mine to plan your escape. Meet me at the edge of the woods in our spot at midnight.
Your friend,
Feyre

(Y/N) sat there with dried tears on her face. Midnight. She just had to survive the day and keep her head down until then. She smiled so much her cheeks hurt and she swore she could hear music and laughter. That stopped when she heard two knocks at her door. She shoved the letter under her pillow just in time before the door was practically pulled of the hinges.

"You were supposed to wake me when my breakfast came this morning" he said, voice hoarse from screaming as he destroyed the manor each day.

"You were so peaceful and I know how hard it is to fall asleep lately so I thought I'd let you-"
She was cut of with a slap to her cheek. Tears stung in her (your colour) eyes from the force and shock of it.

"I didn't say you could talk. Now go clean my study and don't stray from your usual routine."
The blond haired fae stormed out of the room footsteps like thunder.

Midnight.
Just make it until midnight.

•••

The day went past slowly but it was finally time. (Y/N) went to her room and grabbed a small bag of things to take. Things that held good memories. Everything else could burn for all she cared. She ran out the manor as quietly as she could and thought that taking a horse would be too risky so she set out on foot the stars above her leading her away.