01

𝐁𝐄𝐀𝐂𝐎𝐍 𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐒
my parents taught me everything, except how to live without them

ALL HOPE MIKAELSON knew was that she had jumped into the pit with the one and only Ryan Clarke

ALL HOPE MIKAELSON knew was that she had jumped into the pit with the one and only Ryan Clarke. It was the selfless act to save her friends and every supernatural creature out there.

She had stayed in Malivore for what felt like weeks, running from or killing monsters. But, she couldn't tell time in there so she had no clue how long she was really in there. I mean, how could she? It was a never ending darkness and loneliness that consumes every part of you. She was all alone.

Until a bright shining light appeared above her and sucked her in. She tried to grab onto anything, to throw magic at it, but nothing happened. And soon enough, she found herself engulfed by the light. And then nothing.

She landed harshly on the ground, a groan escaping her as she did so.

Sitting up quickly, Hope found herself in a dark forest, and she could barely see anything. She jumped up to her feet and muttered, "post tenebras spreo lucem," while moving one of her hands over the other. A ball of light conjured from her hand and she smiled in content before walking forward, gazing around her. Nothing looked familiar so far, nor did anything smell like Mystic Falls.

The woodland seemed ominously quiet.

Hope paused, now that even the sound of her own footfalls were silent, all that could be heard was the susurration of the leaves in the gusty wind. Looking up, she were transfixed by the myriad of fluttering leaves that danced in the high boughs, making a living roof above her. She was calmed, almost hypnotized, but the longer she stared, the more she realized she didn't know where she was.

She moved her feet as quickly as she could and then stopped as she approached a road. She looked both ways, making sure no one was around before she closed her palm, the ball of light disappearing.

"Where am I?" She mumbled, shaking her head before taking one step on the road with her high-heeled black boots. And she continued to take more steps until she wondered up to a Sheriff Station. Taking in a deep breath, she approached the station and walked in. Her sapphire blue eyes looked around the waiting room, coming to a bigger realization that this definitely wasn't Mystic Falls.

"Hello, can I help you?" The lady at the front desk asked. She had darker skin, her hair pulled bald into a bun, and a kind smile on her face.

Hope sent her a smile of her own before walking towards the desk. "Yes. Where am I exactly?"

The woman — Kenya from what Hope read from her name tag — furrowed her brows before sighing. "Are you friends with Stiles? Because he knows it's not funny when he tries to prank me."