Pent up Anger and Letting Go |30|

Travis' POV

So I've decided...

I shouldn't have had to put up with his shit for this long and it's about time I try to do something about it. It's not okay. It's not healthy. He doesn't care about me. A dad shouldn't treat his son like this. It's not love.

It never was love, he doesn't care about me or my mom, my mom is an object to him and I'm some fuck up mistake that never should've seen the light of day. What's his fucking damage anyway? All I want is to be able to love, it's not like I chose to live like this. I can't change who I am and neither can he.

I have been called slurs by him, beaten by him, hurt by him, his toxicity had even poisoned the very depths of my soul. It made me feel disgusting and hateful, towards myself and the people I love. And that's not okay.

I'm not justifying my actions in the least bit, I never should've acted the way I had and it'll guilt me for the rest of numbered days.

But for all that I believe in...he is no man of God, he's much less than that if he thinks this is how the people of our church will treat people. I was scared that I'd be shunned or beaten more or even killed for standing up to him, but being with someone who truly loves me is just...it's just so...wow. Happiness is worth the struggle. It'll be hard but I'm ready, I'm ready to stand up to the son of a bitch they call a good man.

3rd person POV

And so, trouble was brewing, it was ironically a pretty lovely day nonetheless. Kids played outside with happy laughs and smiles, the sky even seemed to smile, the blue of the atmosphere vibrant as if it were the most joyful day.

'Click click click'

Casey's 3-inch heels seemed to thunder over the peaceful noises. She was taking her pace to the Phelps' household with each booming step. 'You must look ladylike as well' her father would always say, 'You're wearing that? That's a shame...you look better in what I chose for you.'

"So manipulative..." The blonde muttered out.

Manipulative it was. He'd always counteract, 'I only want the best for you'

The truth was...he was a disgusting man, he had been taken down from his position in one of the more progressive churches when rumours started spreading. The counsel of the church thought it'd be best to reform, they wanted to, of course, keep it a safe place there and her father was not helping.

It was only recently that these rumours had hit the very schoolyards her classmates roamed, and the whispering, oh the whispering, it drove her insane. If they were going to talk shit, she preferred it to be to her face.

"Fucking pussies." She growled through her teeth, her brows furrowed as she saw the tall blondie standing in front of his own yellow door. He turned to look at her, seeming to be ripped out of his thought bubble by the clacking of her heels.

He raised an amused eyebrow, "Why're you here..?" He asked, his voice having a slightly sour sting to them.

Why was she here? She was going to answer him, probably with a snarky remark or something, but all that came out of her mouth was a choked out sob. Hot tears started to drip down her cheeks.

Travis' expression softened as she started to cry, he knew that face, that noise, it was hard to see someone else go through that feeling. "Hey hey...It's okay, just breathe." He said softly, taking a few steps down the pathway to the front door and over to her.

She tried to breathe, but it was just gasps and hiccups at this point. The blonde fruitlessly wiped at her freshly trailing tears with the sleeve of her cardigan when she felt a warm embrace. Even if the hug was inviting she resisted falling into it, so she stood still, Travis attempting to comfort her.

Woop woop, this is one of the last chapters and I hope you like character development cause here's a big serving. ;^) Also, thank you so much for following and getting me over 400! It's just...wow, I didn't think I'd come this far and just thank you so much for sticking with me.