You are my sunshine |16| 1/2

Sal's POV

I could feel my heart shatter as they pushed Travis out the doors of the school on a stretcher. I ran out after them, "wait! Please, let me ride with him!"

One of the EMTs turned to me with a fri look on their face, "uh...sorry kid, family only" tears ran down my face, "please.."

"I'm sorry sir, you can't—"

"PLEASE, HE'S REALLY IMPORTANT TO ME" I screamed at the EMT, they hurried me onto the ambulance.

I sat down next to the stretcher and held his hand,

"Patient appears to have lacerated his wrists" I frowned, listening to them talking to each other back and forth,

This was my fault...he did this because of me...

———

I sat in the waiting room, since I wasn't his family and he wasn't exactly stable. Whilst drowning in my tears I saw this slim woman with a long skirt, a sweater, long blonde hair, and a cross necklace run to the front desk frantically asking about her son.

The nurse said something to her and directed her to the seating area where I was. She was sobbing as a nurse helped her into a seat, it must be Travis' mom...

I watched her, she was trembling uncontrollably, I wanted to hug her, but it'd be weird of me too. Especially since she doesn't know me and it's not like my mask exactly makes me seem any friendlier...

I decided to keep to myself

————

I let my dad know that I would be home late, not that he cares. But I needed him to feed Giz.

I stared at my phone, 10 missed calls from Larry. I couldn't speak to him right now...I'd break down.

It was late, there was a few people who passed through, but it was essentially just me and his mom.

A few minutes passed and a doctor came out, "Mrs. Phelps?" Travis' mom stood up hesitantly, he smiled at her, "follow me"

I frowned watching them walk away. I'd have to wait till she leaves.

————

I watched her leave, finally. I asked if it was okay for me to go see him, they said it was okay and gave me the room number.

I never liked the hospital...the annoyingly bright florescent white lights, the sterile smell,

The bad memories.

I opened the door slowly, with a creak. It was a small dark room. It was barely lighted by a lamp. It seemed to give the room a warm glow.

There he was...lying on the bed.

He seemed to glow, he always does. His blonde hair and his tan skin, gave him this beautiful glow, like a warm summer day.

Travis' POV

I heard the door squeak open, I thought it was my mom so I sat still and eased my breathing, I didn't want to talk about how I almost tried to kill myself with a piece of glass in the school bathroom.

I listened as the door closed and light footsteps walked through the room and into the chair on the side of my bed.

Her hand grasped mine, it was cold, but not frail. Which was weird because the last time she held my hand, hers felt bony...but I mean she hasn't held my hand for a while.

Who else could this be? Nobody except my mom and Cas would come see me. Cas would be louder than this and this is obviously not my mom.

I listened intently, until I heard them

"You are my sunshine...
My only sunshine...
You make me happy, when sky's are grey...
You'll never know dear...
How much I love you...
Please don't take...my sunshine...away~"