I was walking up the stairwell when I heard an infectious laugh come from the hallway. I opened the door and stepped out onto Maddie's floor, finding both her and Brandon walking towards their door, Maddie giggling while Brandon said something.

I can easily tell that she is drunk.

"Did you see the look on her face when you told her you're bisexual? Oh my god, that was fucking hilarious." Brandon cackled, fumbling with the apartment key in his hand.

"Are you guys drunk?" I asked in amusement as I finally approached them. Brandon didn't drive, did he?

"Maybe a little." Maddie giggled, pinching her small fingers together to demonstrate the amount even if it was false.

"This one had four glasses of wine. You should have seen our mother's face." Brandon broke out into laughter again, finally getting their door open.

"What about you?" I asked him, still a little worried that he was driving with alcohol in his system.

"I had two glasses. Don't worry we took an Uber." Brandon waved off, stepping their apartment. Relief hit me knowing neither of them got behind a wheel.

Maddie tripped over the small bump at the door frame and I was quick to wrap my arm around her waist to hold her up. "Easy there, Mads."

She laughed quietly to herself, Brandon joining in when he noticed her almost fall over, and I smiled at the sound of her laughter.

"Come on, love. Let's get you sobered up, yeah?" I say in her ear, keeping my arm around her and guiding her into her apartment, closing the door behind us.

"Riley. I said I'd help her take down her tree." She spoke. For a drunk person, I'm surprised she rarely slurred. Her words were as clear as day. I was just realizing I've never actually seen her this drunk before. Yeah, we've been to parties when we were together but she never actually drank as much alcohol as I did, always making sure one of us was aware of what was going on.

"Okay. Let's get you into something comfortable." I tell her, watching as Brandon thanked me and went into his room while I helped Maddie. It's the least I could do considering the amount of times she's helped me sober up.

I let go of her for a brief second so I could grab her comfortable clothing. When I turn around, Maddie was already stripping out of her clothes and throwing them on the bed. I gulped, my throat becoming dry at the sight of her in just a bra and underwear.

"Relax. It's not like you've never seen me naked."

I was caught off guard when she noticed how tense I was, and I let out a nervous chuckle as I handed her her clothes. I couldn't take my eyes off of her no matter how wrong it felt, but she didn't even seem to mind. She was eating up my gaze and I could have sworn I saw her smirk.

I continued to watch as she struggled to put on her shirt, glancing at me as a way of asking for help. I sigh and take the few steps over to her, helping her put her arms into the sleeves and pulling it down to cover her inviting chest.

I pull my eyes away from her now covered body, somehow landing on her lips, my heart speeding up as her bottom lip was between her teeth. Slowly, I met her eyes to see her looking up at me.