14

Harry's POV

It was Saturday, the day after the day that Pansy woke us up around 3:15 p.m. We all were disappointed in ourselves because we had been looking forward to having a class with our new DAtDA teacher that day. Ginny and Luna had explained their lessons, and the new teacher seemed brilliant. Prof. Gowen, if I remembered correctly.

We had gone to Prof. McGonagall that afternoon, explaining why we weren't at classes that day. We had came up with the excuse that we lost track of the days, and we thought it was already Saturday. It was pretty lame. But before even hearing the excuse, she waved us off. We had been surprised, but went back to the 8th year dorm.

And here I was now, running my 5th lap on the Quidditch field. I was Gryffindor Captain this year, and I was pushing the team. Today was tryouts.

"Weasley! Keep up!" I yelled as Ron huffed through the 3rd years trying out. The one 2nd year who tried out, was quite energetic. Her name was Shiloh, and I hadn't caught her last name. Trying out for Chaser, Shiloh was already on her 6th lap. The only reason that I hadn't raced against her for the lead was that I needed to observe the others. 

Since I was seeker, that position obviously filled currently, even though I thought that a 4th year kid named Grayson had a good build-up for the position. The people who were trying out included:

Keeper: Ron and Angel.

Chaser: Shiloh, Ginny, Annabel, Jackson, and Bob. Oh, and for some weird reason Bob wants to be called Spongebob, whatever that is.

Beater: Oscar, Elmo, Devante, Zane, and Caleb. All very strong looking boys, except for Devante, he looked like a noodle.

Then I saw Shiloh complete her 6th lap. "Shiloh, you can stop now!" I yelled. She looked over, nodded and slowed down. 

After everyone had finished their 6 laps, I stopped them. They all rushed to their hydroflasksks and began drinking fiercely.

After water, I began a warm up. We passed the Quaffle to each other. A couple time Devante messed up. Other than that, everyone was almost perfect.

Man, it was going to be hard to choose the team this year.

Then we played a mini match, the two Keeper tryer outers guarding one hoop, then racing to block the middle hoop.

We did a couple other things, then after 2 hours of tryouts we sat down.

I went to each of them in turn.

"Shiloh, you have a great personality and have an awesome chance." She beamed at me.

"Elmo, you are okay, but have the main build up for a Seeker. Maybe next year you can try out for that position." He nodded at me.

"Angel, you were quite good and next year, when Ron and I leave you would most likely have the position." He nodded a sad face towards the ground.

"Caleb, you are a natural at the Beater position and have a great chance at making the team."
"Devante, you messed up quite a bit and you need more practice, but other than that, you were okay." Regardless, he just smiled at me.

"Oscar, you were,"I scoffed, "A lot better than Devante, yet I'm afraid you didn't make the cut." He laughed shortly after the Devante remark, but after he heard the rest, he frowned. Then he nodded, "There's always next year." he smiled.
"Zane, almost perfect build, but you will make the cut for Beater!" He pumped his fist.

"Bob- okay-SpongeBob, you get distracted easily, and I don't think that is a good quality for Quidditch, but thank you for coming."

"Ron, you're gonna make it." He perked up, he was obviously nervous.

"Ginny, as good as always!" She smirked, "I know."

"Annabel, you were a natural, almost as good as Katie Bell!" She looked quite pleased at this.

"Jackson, you were really good, but, sadly, not as good as you needed to be." He nodded understandingly.

After that I called everyone up.

"Thank you to everyone who came to try out. I am sorry if you didn't make the team, but there's always next year. Here are the people who made it, and what position they are. Keeper: Ronald Bilius Weasley. Chasers: Ginerva Weasley, Annabel Gravey, and Shiloh. Seeker:  Harry James Potter." I smirked, "Beaters: Zane Burns and Caleb Sweeny."

The others left sadly, while the team stayed. I clapped my hands together, "Great! First practice Tuesday!"

They all nodded eagerly and picked up their stuff, leaving. Ron stayed behind with me. We walked over towards the castle. Halfway there, I spotted Blaise. He smiled.

I slapped Ron's back, "Go with your boyfriend!" He blushed, but ran over towards Blaise, kissing his cheek.

When they left together, I remembered that I forgot my Gryffindor sweater on the benches out there. I hoped no one had taken it, for it had been there for about half an hour. But when I got there, no sweater was visible on the benches.

I searched the field with my eyes. On the bleachers, I saw it. There was just one problem. Someone was wearing it.

Their hair glowed in the light of the setting sun. I could recognize that hair anywhere.

"Draco! That's my sweater!" I yelled through the crispy air.

He looked up from the book he was reading. I caught the words Twilight Saga written on it.

He pouted, "But it's so waaarmm."

"Yes, I know, but it's MY warm sweater."

"Fine." He marched down from the bleachers, coming by my side.

Merlin, he looked so adorable in that sweater. I think I'll let him keep it.

I took off for the castle, "Nevermind, I'm stealing yours!"

"HEY!" he ran after me with surprising speed and agility.

When he had caught up with me, instead of stopping, he crashed into me. I hit the ground with an 'oof'.

I was laughing while he was trying to pin my arms to the ground with a smile. Eventually I gave up and fell limp. I closed my eyes and felt lips being pressed against the tip of my nose. I smiled softly.

Draco rolled onto the grass next to me, breathing heavily. We laid there, watching the sun set over the horizon line.

I grew cold, so I pressed myself up against Draco. We fell asleep in that position. My head on his chest, his arms around my waist, fingers twisted together, and legs intertwined...

~~~

I have decided to continue, but not publish my next story. I'll publish that one when I'm done with this one. I did start up a meme story thing though, if you want to read that.