First home

*5 months later*

*5 months later*

My name is Y/n M/n. (Middle name) I don't remember my last name. 5 is too young to have seen the things I've seen. A year since my mom went crazy. This was after she 'forgot' to feed me three days in a row.

"You little shit!" Mom yells. The adult has bags under her eyes and was struggling to stand up properly. Her pants were slightly torn at the seems. Her jacket had dirt splattered on it. "You realize what I do for you? Everything! And you have the nerve to call me a bad mom?!"

I was getting teary eyed. Mom was in a bad relationship with alcohol. "Mommy, you're drunk! Please stop being drunk! You are not supposed to leave a five year old alone at night! And through terrifying thunder storms!"

"Suck it up! Grow out of it! You're old enough not be afraid of a fucking thunder storm!"

I dash to the stairs racing, but not before grabbing the home phone from the table and run up to the play room. Slamming the door shut, the lock clicks into place. I dial 9-1-1.

"9-1-1, what's your emergency?"

"My mommy is drunk and is trying to hurt me! Send help! Please!"

"What's your name, sweetie?"

"Y/n..."

"Okay, Y/n I want you to take a deep breath and tell me where you are."

I take a shaky breath before I tell her. "3957 NW Alexander Ave."

"We're sending someone there right now. Keep calm until we get to your house."

When the government found out I was treated poorly and in bad condition, I was sent to an orphanage. The lady who came said that she was going to help me. She gave me a trash bag and helped my pack my clothes. A year later I'm here; waiting for my first family.

*3rd person POV*

They were expecting their first foster family. The little girl kept fantasizing what the their new family would be like.

"Do you think they'll have other kids? Do you think they'll be nice? What if they're super mean?"

She goes back to drawing a house using crayons.

"Y/n, please stop talking. You're giving me a headache." Billy groans.

"Okay..."

"But-"

"No buts."

"Fine!

~~~

After a few hours of waiting, the parents of the Armani family arrives.

"Hello, Ms. Karol. We're the Armani's."

"I sense your here to adopt Billy and Y/n. Let me go get them."

Ms. Karol opens up the door. The kids jump up from their drawings, excitement dawns on them.

"Are they here?" Billy asks, nervously.

"You ready?" Y/n asks, hopeful.

"As I'll ever be."

They walk out of their room. Billy didn't want this family. He wanted his mom back. He wanted to get out of this life he was in. Stuck going from home to home. Y/n was the exact opposite. She didn't care who her family was. She had a horrible mom. She just wanted a family who was nice and caring, with some brothers and sisters to play with.

Ms. Karol has a brief explanation with the Armani's before Y/n and Billy said their last goodbyes with Ms. Karol.