Chapter 29 ll If I see one more butt, I will staple yours to the screen.

Start from the beginning

"And I quote from you, he is 'the romantic badass of the school'. You said that yourself. You told me that he is the one that flirts around with girls. So maybe, just maybe, he is afraid that because of that 'reputation' he has, will make you unwilling to be in a relationship with him."

"No, I don't think so. That's un-Levi."

"How do you know what's going through his mind?"

"I just do!"

"Okay, tell me. What am I thinking about right now?"

As much as I want to think about how great I am at reasoning with Evelyn, I know that will be too easy to guess. I try to think of something else, something else like how darn excited yet nervous I am for the date later on with Chris.

"You're thinking about how great you are at reasoning with me."

"Hah! No, I'm thinking about the date with Chris later on." I grin. I've proved a point. "See, you can't tell what others are thinking."

"That's unfair, you can easily cheat by not telling me the truth."

Well fine then, "I'm not cheating, but you have a point. Okay, now tell me, what is Chris thinking about right now."

"What the fuck? How am I supposed to know?"

"There you go, you admitted that yourself." I grin. I win!

"Wait, what? No! That's not what I meant! I bet he's thinking about the reruns that's showing later on for South Park. Xavier is crazy about that show."

From a distance, a deep voice shouts, "I think I hear my name!"

Evelyn and I share a laugh, and she shouts back, "Right, we were talking about that time you mistaken for being gay."

"Fuck you."

I grin, while smirking inwardly. Chris don't ever watches the television. He only turns it on when he's in the kitchen and he's too lazy to go to his room to get his phone so at least the television would be making some sound for him to cook comfortably. He can't stand to cook in silence.

"Now let's find out." I wiggle across the bed and grab my phone. I dial in Chris' number.

He picks up on the first ring, "Hello, girlfriend."

I blush scarlet, grinning widely.

"Hello, boyfriend." I blush deeper while Evelyn rolls her eyes and fakes a cringe.

"Is there anything wrong?"

Evelyn gestures for me to put the call on speaker mode. I do so, and answer his question, "Nope, everything's great. What are you thinking about right now?"

There is a pause for a moment before I hear his amused and curious voice, "Why?"

"No particular reason. What are you thinking about?"

I glance at Evelyn, she looks confident.

"I'm thinking about you. Are you too?"

The blushing on my face intensifies, I bite down on my lip to prevent my lips from splitting into a giant grin. Evelyn looks beyond queasy as she cringes, for real this time.

"Ah yes, I'm thinking of myself too."

"That's not what I mean." And I can imagine him pouting.

"Are you pouting right now?"

I don't know if Evelyn is about to laugh or blanch, "I'm so done." She stands and leaves the room, not before giving me a gagging look. I press the button on my phone, turning off the speaker.