Chapter Thirty One

•12

•12.2.19 - 3 PM EST •
To Wattpad and Radish

Word Count: 1690

~Time (Original Time from Rosie's era)

Darkness surrounds me.

This trap couldn't have been created by anyone other than me. I've been placed in a dark cave, blocked in by a veil of magic. So far, I've exhausted every option and determined past me only placed the line of magic across the mouth of the cave.

Idiot.

I woke a few days ago, and I've already have dug a hole with my bare fingers into the wall of dirt, which has finally emerged into the outside. I've created a small hole I should be able to squeeze my body through.

The past me was smart, but not smart enough. Back then I wouldn't have been willing to dig myself out until my fingertips were raw and my nails were cracked. I wouldn't have allowed myself to ruin my clothing, muss my hair and cover my skin head to toe with dirt. But back then, I didn't have a mate.

Whatever past me has done to Rosie, he will pay for it...in whatever means possible. A glance at her, even a thought of harming her. I was foolish and ignorant back then.

Who knows what I would do...

Pulling the dirt away from the hole, I make enough space for me to crawl through. After getting caught a few times, I pull off my jacket, and then my shirt. Once it's all off, I manage to escape, coming into the daylight with a slow drag of my body through the earth beneath me. Once I've finally freed myself, I clamber to my feet, looking around.

There's only one thing on my mind. Rosie. Past me would have taken her away, through time, no doubt. I would have ensured I would be stuck here with no abilities until the past me could return when he was ready.

I just wish I knew his motive...my motive. This is strange.

I'm still in the same space of time I was in before, but half way across the city from my townhouse. He took me to a cave after rendering me unconscious, which is etched into a seaside cliff.

Stumbling down the hill, I pull clumps of dirt out of my hair and dust it off my naked torso. The sound of waves hitting rocks accompanies me down to the shoreline, where I meet a road that is lined with shops and people milling around. I'm not bothered, as I walk confidently down the street. I'm on a mission to find Rosie and make this right again. Even if I'm not sure how I'm going to do it.

Too consumed in the thoughts milling through my head, I don't notice anyone walking by me until I hit someone with my shoulder. We both stumble away from each other, staring each other down. It's a girl, who looks youthful behind thick rimmed glasses and frizzy ginger hair.

"Excuse me," she says immediately, wide blue eyes wandering down past my chest for a moment before she flushes bright red. "Time, right?"

I blink. "What?"