XXI

"Congratulations Peter! You worked very hard for this," Sam praised with a smile on his face. Peter politely smiled at the male as he clasped a hand on his shoulder.

"Peter, my friend! I will miss you! We must stay in touch!" Thor's voice boomed with joy.

"Sure," The brown haired male nodded in agreement. Peter caught Natasha's eyes, who just hummed and looked away.

"Your Aunt should be here in ten minutes, I'll go wait outside for her. Go say your goodbyes," Sam patted the younger male's back before taking his leave.

Peter took a deep breath as he mentally prepared himself for his release on rehab. Less than a few minutes, he will be able to go outside. Have dinner with May, hang out with his friends again. His freedom and health will be back into his own hands. it felt amazing. If only he could get his heart to stop racing.

"How do you feel young friend?" Thor grinned at the shorter male.

Peter bashfully shrugged, "Excited I guess. Are you going to be okay without me?"

The blond let out a loud laugh that startled Peter. "Of course I will! Just don't forget about me! I'll be sure to call once I'm released too!"

Peter nodded his head slowly. In the first weeks of Thor being here, he was quiet and not reallt talkative. After a few months had passed, the blond got out of his shell. It was hard to imagine that this man was an addict. 

"I'll see you then," Peter slightly smiled. The male then grabbed his bag and headed out the door.

The air seemed more breathable and the sky was more clear. Everything was bright and Peter wondered why he didn't enjoy it before. He didn't want to admit it but, rehab did help him.

Before he was in a bad mental state, now he was better. Wasn't fully healed, but better than before. Peter hoped it would be the last time he made May cry. He knew her heart couldn't take anymore.

May was already outside, talking with Sam with an excited smile on her face. Taking a deep breath, Peter raced to meet her.

"All ready Peter?" Sam asked once the male had joined them.

"Yup!" Peter grinned.

May brought her nephew into a hug and squeezed him tight, "Let's get you home." Once the two said goodbye to Sam, they drove off the site with lighten hearts.

Peter watched as the rehab house slowly vanished from view. He sat in his seat and rolled down the window, letting wind blow in his face.

"You okay honey?" May questioned, glancing at her nephew.

Peter smiled, "I'm content." He replied, watching the trees pass by and the sunlight hitting his eyes. He definitely missed this. 

Young and Beautiful By; Lana Del Rey