Chapter 2: Javier Galarza Background

My name is Javier Galarza. I had a pretty hard life. I grew up in the system with my brother until he turned 18. Our parents both died in a car accident when I was 9. Its still very hard for me, and it gets harder every year. But my brother picks me right back up, Its a good thing we didn't die with them. Im living my life for them. My brother Jose is 22 now and I'm 17, Nobody wanted to adopt us so we started working in the streets. He saved his money up and as soon as he turned 18 we got a 3 bedroom house. And I was able to get a car at 16. And now we're living good. Im kinda happy. But I feel like theirs a hole that still needs to filled. It cool though, It'll be filled in dues time.

6:45
   I hear my alarm going off so hop up and get in the shower so I can wet my hair up and brush my teeth allet good stuff. My brother comes in the bathroom while I'm putting conditioner in my hair, towel wrapped around my waist "Aye bro, on your way home can you pick some stuff up from the store"  I get irritated, he never wants to do it. But imma do it anyways. "Ight man just send me the list of stuff you want" "Oh by the way bro your meeting my girl and her sister tonight, I really like her so you need to meet her." "Oh they're coming over here? Do I needa cook or you ordering something" "Nahh you do enough fa me imma just order or imma try to cook myself" "Lemme give you a tip, just order you can't cook bro" " Shut the fuck up talking shit or imma kiss you" He reaches out for my face "YOOO HELL NA BRO MOVE" My brother starts laughing knowing I hate that shit "Anyways bro I'm finna leave now I gotta work early today" "Ight, oh yeah I need you to call the school so I can leave early today." "Ight bro, see ya" I finish up and go back to my room I oil up with coconut oil. I throw on some boxers and looked through my closet to see what fit I was gonna wear today. I decided on my brown nike shirt my black pants that were ripped at the knees and my wheat colored forces. I got dressed but I needed to decide which jacket I wanted to wear so I hit up my bro Aiyden. I unplugged my phone and FaceTimed him and he was in bed. "Nigga what the fuck you doing get the fuck up" "Nah bro you gon' have to cool it with Brayton today" Brayton was my other bro. But I chilled with Aiyden more than Brayton since he had a girl. "I'll pick you up we can leave early" "Bro... ight nigga damn" "Aye though which jacket should I wear" "Let me see the fit" I turned the camera around to the mirror. "Wear that black nike jacket since ya pants is black" I checked the time and it was already 7:15 "Ight bro imma be there in 5" "Ight nigga see ya" I throw my jacket on, grab my airpods and my keys off my side dresser and run downstairs and I leave out the backdoor and lock it. I get in my car and drive off. Traffic was a lil heavy so it took me about 7 minutes to pull up at Aiydens crib. I text him to let him know I'm here and I sit outside his complex. I see him walk down the stairs with a blunt in his mouth while he lighting it up. He gets in my car and we dap each other up. "Wassup up bro, wanna take a hit?" I take the blunt out his hand and we start passing it back and forth and now I'm feeling it a little. "Bro when you finna get a gal, ain't you tired of being lonely?" I just looked at him and put my attention back on the road. I've never thought about having a girlfriend. I mean I know alot of females have their eyes on me but most of em not my type. My type is really a girl that's humble but has confidence. As far as appearance females are really arrogant about it and like to knock other girls down about it and that's what I hate. It's annoying, why are you worried about what the next person looks like. "Idk bro, none of the females here are really my type" "Well you better find you one bro and cuz they running out fast" He laughs and I laugh with him "Whats your type? Like physically I already know how you like em mental wise" "Thick. Real Thick- and pretty, don't set me up with no thick gorilla looking bitch" "Nigga yeen shit" We laugh "All jokes, All jokes" While we're finishing off our blunt I pull in to my reserved parking spot. I let my windows down for a minute to let the smoke out. Aiyden gets out and starts to head into school "Alright bro let me know when your leaving, imma dip witchu" I shake my head at him and reach in the back for my bag. I didn't wanna smell like weed so I sprayed myself down. I grab my phone to write Brayton to see if he was here. Then a White Buick pull in front of me and I look up and it was Jewel and her friend. I liked Jewel she was very nice to people who were nice to but she could also be rude too. I've kept my eye on her and that's what I picked up about her. She's real humble too. I seen people pick on her and call her fat. I don't think she is though fat is when you got fat everywhere. She doesn't have any face, arm or stomach fat. She just thick in the lower half of her body but that's really it. I've known her since Freshman year and we NEVER got along but now we have Chemistry, Algebra, and IB English together and she helps me with my work. She's a really great friend. When I'm not feeling it, she asks me if I'm good. I can just pour all my problems and she's never told anyone. Only my niggas and her know about my family stuff, and nobody else. My phone starts ringing, "Brayton Smith" I don't put emojis by people's names that shit corny to me yo. "Hello" "Nigga where you at I'm sitting here waiting for yo ass I just walked Bianca to class" "Ight nigga I'm coming damn" I look up at Jewel again to see her looking at me so I look away. I make my way into the school and me and Brayton make our way into 1st period.