Hongjoong - "Don't Believe Me"

-suggestive-

You frantically primp yourself in front of the club's spotted bathroom mirror, letting out a string of muttered curses

You frantically primp yourself in front of the club's spotted bathroom mirror, letting out a string of muttered curses. You arrived at the club looking presentable—cute even—but if you knew that your ex Hongjoong was going to be here tonight, you would've put in way more effort. Not like you care about impressing him or anything; you just want to show him what he's been missing since the last time you guys saw each other.

The bathroom creaks open and in the mirror, you see your friend Miyeong come in.

"Be honest," you say, turning toward her as you tug the neckline of your shirt down so it shows off more of your chest. "Is this too slutty?"

She rolls her eyes.

"Mm, you're right," you say, even though she still hasn't spoken a word. You pull it back up a little.

Miyeong comes and stands beside you, studying your reflection as you continue to fuss with your clothes and hair. Nervously twisting a strand of hair around her finger, she speaks in a soft tone. "He's here with a girl, you know."

You continue fluffing your hair, unbothered. "Who?"

In your peripheral, you see her eyebrows shoot up in bewilderment. "Hongjoong. Are you..." She purses her lips together. "Are you going to be able to handle that?"

Laughing, you place a hand on your hip and turn to her. "Mimi, you can't be serious."

It's sweet of her to be concerned for you, but there's no need. It's been a long time since you and Hongjoong were considered an item. You guys weren't even together that long. He'd been a decent enough boyfriend, but it was clear from the start that your guys' relationship was superficial. You hadn't even meant for him to be anything other than a one night stand. But that night had been so good—so rewarding—for the both of you that you guys couldn't stay away from each other. The hookups started becoming more and more frequent, until you guys were meeting almost every night to have some fun. He never even asked to be your boyfriend. The word just came out of his mouth one night and you decided to go along with it, figuring it was true enough.

You place a hand on Miyeong's shoulder. "Hongjoong and I may have a hot and heavy history, but that's exactly what it is. History."

She pouts, blowing a strand of hair out of her eyes. "That's what you say, but I know how you get around him. You can never say no to him."

"Well, that's not how it's going to be tonight." You retract your hand, giving yourself a final once-over. "Whatever hold he used to have over me was broken a long time ago. Believe me, I don't want anything to do with him anymore."

Feeling satisfied with the reflection looking back from the mirror, you let your lips curl into a smirk. Except to tease him a little, you think.