20🖤

Pearl's POV.

So after much self argument, I decided to go. Trust me. It wasn't easy to make that kind of crucial decision. Yea, it's very crucial. It took alot of brain wacking training and soliloquizing. Don't act surprised. Tell me you don't talk to yourself sometimes. It's not all the time that you need to seek for someone's opinion on something. Sometimes you just have to give it a try and it might turn out better than telling someone about it and also listening and putting their own opinion into practise.

So that's what I did and I felt so good because I relieved myself from other things. Things that I've been scared to talk to myself about. Things that I felt that if I ever thought of mentioning it outside, that it could just engulf me and it might be too late to ask for help. Alot of 'will I, would he, can I' were asked and it got me thinking if I was actually in my right senses. The love you have for someone could make you do things that even in the next world, you wouldn't even think of doing it. Sometimes, you displease yourself to please others. That doesnt mean youre crazy or desperate, it only means that you really treasure whatever is going on between the both of you and you want it to keep going on like that. You might think it's the other person that is meant to put in all the efforts but that is a shallow way of thinking. You're only showing the person that if tomorrow anything happens between the both of you, you wouldn't want to do anything to make it right. And that would make that person feel he has been a fool all along trying to do whatever it takes to make things work.

So that's what I did. I swallowed my pride and decided to be the guy in our bestieionship ( I just formed that word now ) since my dull-headed best friend decided to act like the girl that he's always been. Don't even think of calling me desperate because I'm pretty sure you've never been in this kind of situation before because if you have, you'll go the extra mile to make things work. How would you feel when the person that you don't go a day without talking to or tormenting is the same person that you can't even call? I don't know about you but it's very saddening. There were alot of times that I wanted to dial Conner's number to tell him about stuffs but I couldn't because we weren't talking. All I'm trying to say is that I miss my bestfriend and I'm going to make sure that this unnecessary malice going on between us would end today.

There's one thing though. I don't think I have the appropriate cloth to wear. Well, I have but I don't think it's good enough. This is the point where Conner comes in. It's funny how he's a pro when it comes to dressing and I don't know anything about it.  For example, I could wear an animal print blouse and match it with a floral print jeans. You see what I mean? I'm terrible at it and the funny is I don't care. I wear what suits me not what other people think is right. Now that I have no Conner and I have no sibling to help me out, what am I supposed to do? Combine different colours together? I would have asked my mum but her and my dad seem to be in their own world and it would be selfish of me to bring them out of it. This would actually give me the opportunity to walk out of the house without being questioned. They've been doing alot of that lately and its been centering around the reason why they haven't seen Conner around the house in 2weeks. But that's by the way.

You know, being an only child has its good and bad sides. In situations like this is what I'll call the bad side. If I had a younger sister or brother, they would make life easier for me because I get to ask their opinions about different things. But I'm also kind of happy that I get to be the only child though because I get to have all the good stuffs. I don't have to share it with anybody and I also don't get to babysit anyone. Okay. Hold on. Before you judge me, just think about this. What if I have a date with this cute guy that I've been crushing on for years and when I'm about to go, my mum would tell me that I have to look after my brother or sister. And I'm not in on the option of taking my sibling out on my date. It's a turn off for me. So you see what I mean? I'm sure you do.

I'm currently standing in front of my dressing mirror admiring how awful I look. I'm also thinking about when I got to care how I looked. Don't think I don't care about how I look, it's just that I always seem to pull off anything I decide to wear. That's why most of the times when Conner comes to pick me up for school, I always tell him I'm not ready because I'm trying to combine two different kinds of clothing together and on me, it looks good but on the mirror, I look like hell. I know you're eager to know what I'm putting on. Well, I decided to go with a white sleeveless gown that has floral prints designed all over it which looks 100% girly, by the way. Feeling that I'm exposing alot of skin, I decided to make it complete by putting on a jean jacket that I've always had but I've been postponing the day I would wear it. So the big deal here is that I don't know if I'm overdressed or under-dressed.

Knock! Knock!! Knock!!!

Are we having some sort of family gathering again? Please don't ask. I wouldn't want to go into that right now. I use my hand as a form of comb to try to detangle my very scattered  blonde hair but it just aches my fingers so I just pack it with my black scrunchie that has been on my left wrist. Seeing that I look almost presentable, I jog down the stairs to go see who's behind the door. Stepping my feet on the last step, I see that my parents are already on their way to open the door. What's with them lately? They've been doing almost everything together like they're some conjoined couple.

"Conner! It's been a while we've seen you around. Please come in. Mr and Mrs Matthews, it's nice to see you. It's also been a while. Please come in." I heard my mum greet the Matthews. What! Whaaaaaaaaaaattttt!! They were the last people that I had in mind that could come to visit. Out of all the days that were available, they chose today to do a family visit. Holy Mother of God.

"Uh....Pearl, we didn't see you there. How are you doing?" Mrs Matthews asked, making my presence known to everyone including my parents that are also surprised to see me standing here fully dressed. There could be only one question going on in their head.

" Well, I was just being my naughty self. How are you doing?" I asked, diverting my attention to Conner who looked funny as hell in his suit. I've never seen him in a suit before but he looks so cute in it. Although he kind of looks nervous or is it just me? I never knew I had a cute bestfriend.

"Why are you standing far away? Won't you come and say hello to Conner?" She replied my question with another question that I wasn't going to answer anytime soon. Since he's here, I could just walk up to him and talk whatever is going on between us, out. So I walked over to where they were all standing, well not all because his parents and mine walked away before I could even get there.

"Hi Trice! Hi Pat." I waved at his sisters who were wearing a smiley face that didn't look 100% genuine. They obviously had something up their sleeves that I hope I would find out soon. Before I could turn my head to take a good look at Conner, he dragged me out of the living room with his hand already inflicting pains on my wrist. The normal me would have stopped him immediately I felt the tight grip on my wrist but the normal me is obviously gone so I'm following him like an ant when they see a stick of sweet. We're going up the stairs now and before our feet could touch the last step, I heard one of his sisters say, "He had better do the right thing, this time."

That statement alone just made me more inquisitive than I was some minutes ago. There are too many weird things going on in my house right now and I don't seem to know why any of those things are happening. I hope that whatever Conner is dragging me to my room to talk about would help my inquisitive brain. I just hope.

Keep reading.
Keep voting.
Keep commenting.

Thank you. 💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞