「Chapter seventeen」

Start from the beginning

'It's a hybrid cafe.', A voice made Taehyung look to the side. A very familiar girl was standing there. Her purple hair was tied up in a messy bun, a few locks falling past her face. She was holding a tray under her arm and standing rather awkwardly next to Taehyung. 'It's a place for hybrids to feel safe and be happy. We have reached out to a pound close by so they can take a few hybrids here so they might get adopted.' Taehyung's eyes were wide as he looked with surprise to Moonbyul. 

'You work here?', Taehyung asked, eyeing her work uniform. She nodded. 'Are you working here because someone asked you to?' 

'No.', she said, lowering her eyes to the ground. 'My grandma is the owner of this place, my sisters and I work here, so does Solar.' 

'So you aren't working here on purpose?', Taehyung said. 'I thought you wanted all the hybrids gone?' 

'I'm sorry, Taehyung.', Moonbyul sighed. 'I really had to do something at that time, and all the other times, but I'm scared of him.'

'Well, then we have at least one thing in common.', Taehyung scowled. Moonbyul stood there for a few seconds, then she walked away, to help her sister at the counter. Taehyung felt quite annoyed when Moonbyul was the one to help them. Jimin ordered a hot chocolate and a cinnamon roll for both of them. When Jimin was about to pay, Moonbyul waved his money away.

'This one is on mine, you don't have to pay sir.', she said with a smile. Jimin looked surprised but didn't complain and thanked her. Taehyung just raised an eyebrow.

'It's really good here, Tae-tae.', Jimin said, walking toward a table. 'The cinnamon rolls are the best here, and everyone is very nice as well.' Taehyung nodded in agreement and sat across of Jimin. He looked at Moonbyul as she prepared their order. 'Something wrong?', Jimin asked, tilting his head so he could look at Taehyung's face more clearly. 

'What do you think of that girl?', Taehyung asked. Jimin turned his head toward Moonbyul.

'Moonbyul? Oh, I haven't really talked to her.', Jimin said, scratching the back of his neck. 'But she seems really nice and is always very nice when I order something. She has worked here the longest of her siblings I think. I've seen her around a lot.', Taehyung simply nodded. 'Why actually? Don't you like her?', Taehyung shrugged.

'I don't know what to think of her.', he said. He drew with his index finger silently figures on the table. It was silent for a few seconds, but suddenly Jimin grabbed his hand brought it to his lips and kissed the back of his hand. Taehyung was surprised, but that didn't help him when he blushed and giggled like a teenage girl. 

'You smell good.', Jimin said when he laid Taehyung's hand down on the table, still holding it with one hand. 'I think your heat is coming soon.',

'I've never really been able to track it properly.', Taehyung said shamefully, looking down at the table. 

'You don't have to be ashamed for that.', Jimin said. 'I understand with everything you must have been through. But that doesn't matter, that doesn't make me less like you.' Taehyung smiled, feeling warm inside by Jimin's words. Moonbyul then came walking to their table with a tray in her hand and their order. She placed the hot chocolate and the cinnamon rolls down and said; 'Enjoy your meal.' Jimin thanked her with a smile, and Taehyung just nodded with a small smile. Jimin kept talking while they ate and again Taehyung found himself just smiling at Jimin while he was talking. 

They finished their meals a long time ago, but they were still sitting there. Moonbyul eventually took their dishes away. Taehyung was listening to another one of Jimin's stories, he really liked listening to him. Something behind Jimin made him distract him for a while. There was someone standing by the window. But the thing was, they were facing the cafe. It was a man in complete black, but Taehyung could see his face clearly nonetheless. He was staring at Taehyung, his gaze boring into Taehyung's eyes and he couldn't tear himself away from it. The man looked at him for a few seconds more, but then a smirk appeared on his face.