"Um, about the pillar who saved me..." she asked curiously. "Who...?"

"You're awake! I see!"

A man with fiery yellow hair and red tips stood at the doorway. His presence alone was grand, and Akiho immediately recognized the white cape that was hanging from his broad shoulders. He's the pillar that saved me and Genya...!

"R-Rengoku-sama!" the three girls exclaimed and ran up to him. He patted each of them on the head in greeting.

"Good work, girls! Good work!" Rengoku Kyoujurou said and they grew happy at the compliment. He then turned his full attention back to the girl on the bed, "Half Demon! I was greatly surprised to find out what you are, but I saw that you still possess humanity and so I saved you and Mohawk Boy! More so, I was ashamed of myself for not catching the lower moon faster and caused you both pain!"

Akiho was surprised herself at how enthusiastic the man sounded and how his voice boomed through the small room. She realized that had he not seen her fight the demon and save Genya, the pillar might have killed her with ease. "Please... Don't call me 'half-demon'..." she said as the man loomed over her bed with his bright eyes shining. "I... I know I'm not quite human, but I swear on my life that I have and will never harm another human. I serve the Demon Slayer Corps and I wish to defeat all demons just like you."

The pillar blinked and then a wide grin made present on his face. "I admire your resolve!" he nodded. "Alright! What is your name?"

"Higashikuze Akiho," she replied and he seemed to recognize the name.

"Higashikuze? That sounds familiar! Ah, that was the former Stone Pillar, correct?"

"Yes... I was adopted and trained by Master Musashi."

"When my father was still the Flame Pillar, he mentioned that Higashikuze-san was very strong. Now I see that it reflects in your skills. Mm, and I can see that you have a burning passion in you!" Kyoujurou nodded again with his mind made up. "Higashikuze Akiho, how about you become my tsuguko?"

"Tsu...Tsuguko?"

"Indeed! Tsugukos are successors to the pillars they train under. I currently do not have anyone and I would like to keep an eye on you, so I'll take you under my wing!"

"But..." Akiho was confused. It almost sounded like he wanted to monitor her because of what she was, but at the same time offered her such a position so adamently that she couldn't even be mad. "I don't... I can't use Breaths. Why would you want me to be your tsugoku?"

"Really? Ah, a pity indeed," he said and furrowed his brows with thought. "Mm, but that's okay! You can be an unofficial tsuguko and I'll still have you train under me. I heard the current Stone Pillar has a disciple who can't use Breaths, either."

It was surprisingly easy for the pillar to make up his mind, and once he set it, he would see through it. Akiho felt his enthusiasm to be rather receptive to her, and now that she no longer trained under Musashi she really could use an oppurtunity to train by another means between missions so she can be strong enough to defeat a Twelve Demon Moon. So she nodded with eager.

"Great!" he smiled as a crow tapped on the window and cawed out a message.

"Rengoku Kyoujurou, please make your way to headquarters now! Kocho Shinobu and Tomioka Giyuu have returned with a demon slayer harboring a demon! Make your way to headquarters for trial!"

"A trial!" Kyoujurou mused and got ready to leave. Before he did, he gave the girl a pat on her head. He was a strict follower of Corps rules about demons, but because the girl was a half-demon, he wasn't sure where that left her. "It seems that I must also run my proposition to you by the other pillars and Oyakata-sama himself, as you are a half-demon. Until then, rest well!"