To Whoever Reads This

To Whoever Reads This,

My name is Ricky Gorvell and I’ve been running from mental doctors my whole life. They believe I’m crazy and I’ve made up some mysterious fake person who disappeared on a bridge, I had other friends there but they said it never happened. I think whatever happened on that bridge swallowed Mark out of existence so he was never born, but somehow I remember. Well here’s what happened.

Me and five of my friends, including Kyle, Tyler, Sam, Alex, and Mark, were playing truth or dare in the swamp next to the church. Let's say no one knows how to take truth over dare. Kyle was half naked because of Sam, Tyler was wearing a diaper because of Mark, Sam was covered in muddy swamp water because of me, Alex was sitting on her head because of Sam, I was hanging upside down in a tree because of Tyler, and than it was Mark's turn.

Alex was the first one to notice a rotting old bridge that had mysteriously appeared down a hill that wasn't there before. Of course as a bunch of high school idiots Kyle dared Mark to go to the center of the bridge and either sit there for an hour or do a crazy dance we made that involves getting naked, and doing really weird things, and hoping no one takes a video to put on youtube. Of course he took sitting there for an hour, that's why they added more to it. He would be alone with only me to watch him while I dangled in my tree. I was given a stop watch as Mark headed down the hill and the others ran toward my uncle's store.

After about five minutes I had gotten super light headed and fell out of the tree. I remember how badly it hurt since I broke my wrist trying to protect my head. I looked up to Mark and his eyes were filled with terror. His legs were completely wooden and it looked like he was getting sucked into the bridge. I started running towards him. The hill seemed like it kept extending itself longer. By the time I finally reached the bottom Mark had disappeared, all that was left was his glasses that were slowly being turned into wood. I turned around trying to get away when every direction had another bridge blocking my path. The wood was creeping towards my feet bit by bit until it started creeping up my leg. I remember fighting to break free and screaming when I heard my friends yelling as they ran towards me.

They reached me and the bridges had all disappeared. My leg was still wood, good thing my pants covered it. I told them that Mark was dead, they didn't even know who he was. Two hours later I cut my wooden leg off with the wood axe in the backyard and now I have a prosthetic leg.

To whoever reads this I have found the bridge and I am going to find Mark. If I never come back my friends won't remember me and this journal might be gone. I warn you to never go near it. It is evil and once it touches you your life disappears one by one. I never had a family, but I swear I did, friends have disappeared, and pretty soon all my life would have never existed.

Ricky Gorvell
P.S. If any doctors find this looking for me and disappear I shall be waiting to say I told you so, waste my time with mental hospitals saying I'm crazy.