Chapter 30

I helped take the groceries down to my room as I had extended it to make a kitchen with 2 large freezers and a double door fridge. I folded the foot holds and bag racks in and let Gaurdian go do whatever. He took off after I grabbed the last bag. I took it inside and down to my room where I then helped put stuff in cabinets, which I had also put in, and in the fridge and freezer.

"That was so much fun. Thanks for taking me (y/n)," Oliver thanked me after everything was put away.

"No problem. Let me know when you need to go back," I said while going back to my desk.

I started working where I left off. I also extended my desk a little and added a very expensive gaming equipment including the newest VR set. Me and Oliver take turns on it. I sat in my own gaming chair working on filling the papers out.

A knock was at the door as Oliver opened it.

"Hey, Shadow is here," she called out to me.

I turned in my chair and smiled. I set my pen down and got up.

"What's up?" I asked him.

"The ceiling," he said.

"Smartass," I playfully punched him.

"I came here to see what you were doing," he said.

"I'm doing work and she is doing whatever she was doing," I pointed at Oliver.

"Great. Hey um, your mother wanted to ask if she could come down," he said.

"Oh yea. Tell her she can come down anytime," I smiled.

Shadow nodded and moved out of the way to reveal my mother. She smiled and walked up to me. I gave her a hug and invited her in. She looked around.

From the door, the kitchen was the right and the living area was to the left. She smiled and looked around.

"I can tell you like it. I'm letting Oliver stay here for as long as she wants," I said and went back to my desk.

"Well, I hope she is alright with that," mother said.

"I'm perfectly happy with her staying," I smiled and turned to do some work.

"If you say so. I just don't want Oliver to make you upset and move out," she said.

"Nah, she wouldn't want to move out, right?" I asked Oliver.

"I don't know. I may when I get a job and my own house," she said.

"That's fine with me," I said with a smile.

I was thinking she would say that since she doesn't want to be more social instead of staying with robots.

"You sure? I can always stay instead," Oliver asked.

"Im sure. You need to get out more and be social. I'd hate to keep you in here instead of going out and do what Mike didn't let you do," I explained.

"Thanks (y/n)," she smiled.

"No problem," I said.

"Well, I better get back to work. Work can't be done by itself," I said and went back to my chair.

"It can when you're here," Oliver pointed out.

I faced her after sitting down.

"I know, but not everything can be done when I'm around," I remarked.

"Quite true," she said.

I smiled and turned back to my desk to see my pen writing. I crossed my hands and leaned back in the chair.