Chapter XIV

Chapter XIV   

Lady Viviane whilst her cousin Emily had arrived to Middlesex by a few days time the carriage ride relieved she was Viviane had not spotted any highwaymen in the least not in her close peripheral vision in their traveling the few steps that Giles made after the inns in which they stayed at night were well appreciated the cobblestone streets were not at all friendly to her hind in the least. 

Viviane knew she was running away from her troubles with her betroth Lord Dalston she cared not if he wanted to flaunt about with his mistress she would not be round to watch or to feel the tons empathy gazes running her down she need not their empathies or welcomed them she needed to escape to get away for a while from her betrothal.

Her family in Middlesex had been most welcoming her aunt Elizabeth embraced her in a motherly hug inquiring her about her mother Lady Amelia whilst her sister and father. “Mother let Lady Viviane and me take our things up to my room we’ve had a long journey from London “spoke Emma dissuading her mother from the previous conversation.

“Okay Emma and my niece, you too must be very exhausted after such a long traveling I shall cook up my special rabbit dish your father brought in earlier Emmaline.” spoke Janice swaying her hand sending the girls upstairs to refresh in up.   (1)

Lady Viviane knew her in-laws were not of wealth as she and Olivia had been growing up so privileged to have been provided with wealth her Aunt Janet her mum sister had taken a different path from her sister. Amelia marrying a humble peasant farmer her mother said the choice had not been a wise one Lady Olivia had been taught wealth had been more importantthan love wealth offered more she did not believe although Lady Olivia had to her heart's content.

The floors creaked with each step they had taken upwards the old staircase she had not been sure it was firmly Lady Viviane, slightly frightened she chose to look past poor furnishings after approaching her cousin's door to her chamber her cousin had not been a lavished four poster bed as her no feathers only straw she assumed supporting her cousin mattress.

Viviane plastered a smile towards Emma direction who had been unpacking clothing and Viviane followed suit she’d felt more home here with her Aunt and Uncles and their seven children then she had in London she wasn’t very sure if she ever would want to end her vacation here in Middlesex anytime soon.

The sun had been rather present today a surprising expectation she thought they’d barely received the sun present much in London she was looking out the window. She listened as Brian, James, Harry, Luke, Jeremy and Gregory the youngest of seven years all persuaded her to go on a hunting escapade.  Viviane did oblige to their surprise and delight Emma not stay behind cooking with aunt Janice she could use some fresh air whilst much distraction from her thoughts which kept avoiding her about her betroth she quickly wondered what her betroth would say when he found out she was no longer in London. (2) 

“Brother is this most unusual for your betroth her disappearance?” Lady Sarah dared to inquire. Dalston ignored his sister completely he was enraged he knew not why Lady Viviane had this effect on him it took nearly a half hour before the butler and the maid known as Emily spilled where his betroth whereabouts where she had the audacity not to even meet with him properly face to face or to send a letter of her departure he had not seen this coming at all this made him angry.

Dalston ignored well had forgotten her presence all together completely he had been made a fool of made to look like some love sick sap or puppy he had not enjoyed it very much one bit he’d let her know his dissatisfaction he’d already let this awaiting butler aware whilst the panicky maid.

“ I think we shall take our leave now” Sarah looped her arm round Dalston leading him to whence they came with their awaiting carriage she was unsatisfied she’d planned to meet her sister-in-laws one not present in the grand estate another visiting relatives in Middlesex.