Chapter .V.

Chapter .V.

1 week past

Lady Vivienne sent off to Middlesex a letter a week prior Too Lady Emma her dearest friend and cousin she had written imploring Lady Emma to accompany her to her fifth coming into season Lady Vivianne  words written to Lady Emma  in the letter; “Do come in quick haste for I’m to chaperon Lady Olivia I shall be most pleased if I shall have your company within this coming season “.

Your Beloved Cousin

Lady Vivianne

 Lady Vivienne was in distraught she hated these dreaded coming into season whilst events why couldn’t she stay home? That of her family and the entire London ton attends these seasons or Occasions without notice of my attendance? She’d known naught.

Her mothers threats of last night laced her thoughts she wished not to marry nor be forced to marry she had no other options but to oblige to her mother and father’s requirements she sighed to herself somberly whilst she picked up her needle she set earlier on the oak plush chair and begun her embroidering to pass the time she cared not for horse riding to-day. 

Lady Vivianne wished not for a husband she embroidered more meticulously she needled a sampler figures standing in the background her family estate trees that are far beyond the estate birds flowing through the air figures of the horses her sister atop one her along side a top her favorite horse laced with a border along each side.

Lady Vivianne decided when she’d finish she’d add her name along the bottom of her embroidery whilst to include the date whilst adding the year she’d embroidered one of my samplers. Her elaborately designed dresses were delivered by a footmen Emily her bulky maid had informed her of which she shall wear for her coming of the season. 

Now Emily the bulky maid stood just before her a grimace on that on the maid’s face Emily’s her hair pinned back tightly in a neat bun. “What is the matter Emily?” said she Lady Vivianne quite displeased placing her embroidery down onto the oak table walking towards Emily.

 “Your relation has arrived her lady-ship Baroness Amelia is in quite distress at her coming at such a time! “The coming into seasons begins to-day you must know?” “Baroness Amelia now feels it’s her obligation to secure a suitable match for Lady Emma as well seeing that she is to be staying for the season. ”What kind of gowns shall she wear? “Lady Emma simply cannot wear the ones she brought with her personally? “ The Baroness said she shan't permit her to wear well worn petticoats.” Said she Emily as she spoke so swiftly Lady Viviane had barley acquired every word she had her maid Emily repeat everything slowly whilst reassuring her all shall be well.

She shall wear some of my new dresses inform my mother”. Said she Lady Vivianne contentedly. She could see her maid was trying to protest shaking her head abjectly Lady Vivianne knew her mother would be aghast-eyed at the prospect of Emily wearing her petticoats she’d worn or even the prospect her cousin exchanging gowns her mother would be of ill health of thought of what that of the ton gossip would bring a smile brought upon her lips as she made her way throughout the numerous empty room in search of Lady Emily. 

“You look well cousin”. I had received your letter saying she Lady Emily both exchanging hugs. Lady Emily wore a pink silk taffeta brocaded with a silver thread the front open the decorative bodice a stomacher which covering the linen on her person making Lady Emily silhouette Narrower Her raven hair worn in loose curls her violet eyes lined in rogue whilst pink blush complemented her cheeks.

“I’m so glad you have come Emma! Mother and father are forcing me to chaperon Olivia about the ton to chaperon her amongst with the suitors till she will become betrothed It’s very dreadful I must say". "I following her about like a small baby chick after the mother Hen!" Said she Lady Vivianne.