I grinned. "Sounds good to me."

Mum pinched my chin, "There's my beautiful girls smile."

I sighed. My looked sad and hugged me, "I'll be home as soon as I can get out."

----

Mum had helped me feel rejuvenated. Like my battery was dead and she'd added some energy to it. I thought about what Fallon had said. Not the negative stuff, but the stuff about work placement. I tried to figure out what it is that I want to do with my life. The idea that I was making a choice that would put me on the path of my future sounded monumentous.

I wanted to make money, so I could live a comfortable life. I also wanted to do something I enjoyed. I spend so much time thinking about what other people want, doing what they tell me I need to do, being who they want me to be that I rarely think about me. The last few months I had obsessed about boys. Some crazy idea that I need to have a guy in my life to be complete. Maybe that's why without Jace, I felt so lost. I had made myself, all about him.

Had Nate tried to mould me into someone he wanted. As angry as I was at him for betraying me I didn't feel like he had controlled me. He had always been there for me. And, maybe the reason I was so mad at him was because he gave me the power in the relationship or made me feel like I had power over him. Then in the end, his own free will he did something that I didn't like. Something that makes no sense to me.

Yet, here I am trying to think about my future and my mind has somehow rotated back to boys. I was a lost cause. I picked up my mobile phone and typed into the search engine 'career choices' but before I could read anything I noticed I had a number of notifications.

I opened my app and there were tons of messages, even from people I barely knew. I was getting tagged in stuff. I took a look. There was a picture of me and the image had been altered to make my nose look extended. The caption said 'Pinno-Kya'. I knew it was a play on the name Pinocchio and to make fun of me and the lies I told. There was another animated meme picture of an elephant's body with my face. People were laughing and saying how pathetic I was for lying.

I checked another app. Someone had put a toy fluffy bun in a pan of boiling water and put, "Watch out for Kya." There were people commenting on how much they hate liars and I should die. Someone said I had claimed I was raped by Jace. I hit reply, "I never said that."

Someone replied with a meme of the two talking doors from the film Labyrinth saying "Oh, what a lie!"

I hit reply, "It's the truth."

Someone then posted a picture of Pinnocio.

Another person replied to me saying. "Just kill yourself!"

Someone replied with a laughing emoji and typed, "Would you believe her if she did?"

And another replied, "Not until maggots have eaten her eyes."

I quickly turned off my mobile. I didn't want to read anymore. I took a deep breath. How many people had Jace told. Why couldn't anyone see that he lied first. He lied that he wasn't with Mariah but he is. He hurt me. He made me lie. Yet, nobody cared about what he did. They just all were laying it on me.

I'd just have to ignore them. Get through the last few months of school and then move away. Go to college far away and start over. I tried to think of where I would like to go. Maybe somewhere abroad. Except, I've never done well at foreign languages so I'd have to choose an English speaking country like America, Canada or Australia. Although, I could stay within in the United Kingdom and go to Ireland, Wales or Scotland. The flight would probably be cheaper. The more I thought about it, the more I wished I could just go now. If only I had wings.