Chapter 32

As Ginny and I pass a joint on her bed, she asks "So, what was the thing with Colin?"

As I take a puff, I give her an amused look. When I pass it, I tell her "We've been sleeping together, again."

She cocks and eyebrow to me and asks "For how long?"

I take a deep breath, before telling her "Middle of last semester." She nods, before I sigh "We got in an argument over some shit and I basically told him he's just a dick to me."

She looks me over, before asking "Is there any hope of rekindling that flame?"

I scoff as she passes it back "No." She nods and I take in a big puff, before telling her "I'm really not stable enough to be in a relationship."

She furrows her brow as I pass it back "What do you mean?"

I motion to my head as I take a puff. When I pass it back, I tell her "My 'ead isn't the same as it used to be."

She takes the nub and snuffs it out, before asking "What is that supposed to mean?"

I sigh, before resting my head on a pillar "I've been through a lot." She nods and I declare "And I hate myself."

She gives a weak smile and declares "I don't know what you're getting at."

I scoff, before asking "How could someone love me when I don't even love me?"

She chuckles at me like I'm stupid, causing me to furrow my brow in confusion "That's so not true. Have you ever loved yourself?"

I think for a moment, before shaking my head. She reassures "Harry Potter was madly in love with you." She scoffs, before kicking my thigh "I'm pretty sure he still is."

I scoff, before telling her "He needs higher standards."

She gives an annoyed look, before I motion across the hall "That Colin's dorm, right?"

She nods and I stand to crack my back "I'm going to go convince him to fuck me."

~

After another month at Hogwarts, Colin and I have continued on. I actually kinda miss being with him.

As we sit at dinner, Colin and I toss chips at one another as the great hall slips into silence.

When I look up, I find the order marching into the great hall. Harry, Ron, and Hermione in the lead.

I furrow my brow in confusion as I spot Luna stands with them.

As I step towards Remus, Harry calls out "We're looking for Rowena Ravenclaw's lost diadem!"

I speak to Remus in a low whisper "What's happening?"

He motions towards the door and we step out as mania spreads through the great hall.

When we're out of everyone's sight, nausea washes over me. Remus furrows his brow and asks "Did you feel that?"

I nod and he sets his jaw, before sighing and starting back into the great hall, only I grab his arm and ask "What's going on?"

He looks to me and states "It's a sirer bond, Draco." He motions out of the door.

When they're gone, I ask "What do you mean a sirer bond?"

He lowers his voice and tells me "It means Fenrir Greyback is near. We can feel it, because he turned us."

I furrow my brow and asks "Does that mean that Voldemort is here, too?" He gives me a knowing look as a scream comes from the great hall.

As we run back in, I spot a little girl screaming in the corner. Suddenly, a sharp pain pings in my brain and I hear Voldemort.

"Hand over Harry Potter, and survive. Keep him safe, and face the consequences."

Seconds later, a Slytherin screams "Hand him over!" We all look to her and she screams "Do it!"

She looks to Professor Hooch and orders "Take the Slytherin's down to the dungeons."

As she pulls them out, McGonagall looks among us "Underage wizards will be moved home! To those who are not underage, I will not blame you for leaving!"

Colin jogs up to me and orders "Come with me, Draco!"

I shake my head and tell him "I havta stay."

His eyes go watery and he looks back at Dennis, before nodding "I'll make sure Dennis gets home safe, a-and I'll come back to fight with you."

I shake my head, before taking a deep breath and telling him "I would never be able to forgive myself, if you got hurt."

He looks down at me and insists "I'm not letting you stay here, alone!"

I give a weak smile, before hanging my hand on his waist "Go home, love." I nod, before ensuring "I'll do anything, to fight my way back to you."

He sobs as tears roll down his face "Promise me you won't side with them, Draco!"

I give him a weak smile, before whispering "Anything for you, my baby love."

He gives a nervous laugh, before placing his hands on my cheeks and kissing me, softly "I love you."

I smile against his lips "I never stopped."

As the underage students are lead out, I pat his bum and order "Go on. Get home. Take a bath." I give a weak smile "I'll be there by the time you get out."

As he steps off, Lucius steps up to me and asks "You and Colin?" I scoff and he looks me over "Are you sure you want to stay for the fight?"

I give a short nod, before telling him "I need to fight in this battle." I look past him to find the golden trio.

As I step up to them, Hermione gives me a weak smile "Draco?"

I give a weak smile, before looking to Harry "What can I do to help?" He looks to Ron and Hermione, before I shrug "He gotta get through this shit. Any help is good help."

He takes a moment, before pulling me towards the door, Ron and Hermione on our heels "I'm going to look for the diadem while Ron and Hermione get a few basilisk fangs!"

I nod as he slams the map into Ron's chest. As he pulls me away from them, he tells me "You're going to come with me, and help appeal to her sense of acceptance."

As I follow him, I ask "How many more horcruxes are there?"

He shakes his head "I don't know!" He screams over the commotion, before leading me up the stairs.