"Really? ", he asked unphased.

Diane snatched a pen from the pencil holder and scribbled on a piece of paper. She turned the paper around and slid it in front of Hopper.

"We can do this the easy way, or the hard way", he read to himself before balling up the paper in her face and vigorously throwing it to the side.

Diane huffed and folded her arms, before changing her tone and approach.

"I know you hit her, Jim."

"What?!", Hopper exclaimed as he looked disgusted by Diane's accusation.

"I've seen the bruises, that day at the mall. She told me she wanted to come home but you wouldn't let her."

"BULL FUCKING SHIT", Hopper shouted as he now stood behind his desk and slammed his fist down onto a thin stack of papers.

Diane backed away from his desk and continued to push his buttons.

"She told me about the scars, Jim!", Diane started to raise her voice. "She told me what happened when Joyce wasn't there, and I will not sit here and let you constantly touch our daugh-", Diane continued before she felt her back slam into the bookcase.

Hopper held a firm grip on Diane's arms as she stood there with her eyes clenched shut. Hopper gritted his teeth as spit flew from his lips while he spoke.

"YOU THINK THIS SHIT IS SOME KIND OF JOKE?! DO NOT FUCK WITH ME DIANE! YOU BETTER BE LUCKY I DIDN'T KILL THE BASTARD SOONER", Hopper screamed before his office door flew open.

"HANDS UP!", a man shouted as three other men entered Hopper's office with their guns drawn and badges around their neck.

Hopper looked at Diane and finally noticed the black wire that now peeked from under her shirt. Hopper released his grip on her arms and cocked his fist backwards.

"YOU SON OF A BI-", Hopper shouted before completing his swing. He groaned in agony as he felt a pain in his back and dropped to his knees.

Diane jumped as Hopper knees hit the floor. An officer ran over and turned Hopper onto his stomach before placing his knee onto Hopper's back..

"Stunned him", he said as he removed the two probes from Hopper's back. "Now where's the girl?!", he asked Hopper who still laid there and spit on the floor.

—————-

Joyce had to run a few errands before she started dinner and decided to bring Jamie and Will with her. Her stomach was starting to get in the way of her tiny frame which made it a bit more difficult for her to twist and bend.

As Will grabbed the case of water from the trunk, Jamie grabbed the grocery bags and carried them inside the house behind Joyce. Joyce went to answer the phone as it rang on the wall as Will stood in the doorway and dropped the case of water.

"Mom?", Will said as he watched three cars speeding towards their house before pulling into their front yard causing dirt and debris to fly everywhere.

Diane jumped out of the passenger seat along with a few other well dressed men, women, and officers who proceeded to Joyce's front door.

Joyce stood in front of Will and held her hand out causing them to stop a few feet away from the porch.

"Can I help you?!", She asked everyone defensively as her eyes remained on Diane.

"Im here to get my daughter", Diane spoke before one of the ladies approached Joyce and held out her ID card.

"Child protective services", she said as she let herself in to the house which caused her colleagues behind her to follow.

"We have determined that Jamie Hopper is in an unsafe environment in the presence of her father. We are placing her in the care of her mother until the court hearing."