"Miss Amber, you have no choice in the matter. You will be coming along with the company on their quest to take back Erebor. It would be best if you didn't say where you are from. We can work on your clothing in a moment," Gandalf said. Amber leaned away from him with a frown on her face. 

"I'm a terrible liar. Can't act for shit either, so no. If I'm stuck here, I'm not lying." She looked at her clothes then back at the wizard. "And I'm not changing my clothes. They're comfortable and nice in the sun."

"Come along, Miss Amber." Gandalf didn't argue with her and started off down a trail she didn't see. Shrugging, she cut her losses and jogged after him. 

They walked in relative silence for several minutes as Gandalf lead her through Hobbiton. She had seen the movies, and read the books, more than enough times to know where she was. The rolling green hills and small houses built into them was a dead give away. What era she landed in was hard to tell, but the mention of Erebor put her in The Hobbit. It was a favorite of hers but the Lord of the Rings trilogy would always be her top winner. 

Being bored with the silence she started humming to herself. It was a pop song that was playing on the radio that she couldn't get out of her head. She tapped her fingers on her thigh to the beat before stopping to push her purse back up her arm. The stupid light yellow thing was too big for her, more of a beach bag than a purse, and was full of things she didn't need. Every time she goes to clean it out more things seemed to find their way into it. It was a terrible habit. 

Amber studied the road they were travelling up, and the people on it. Several short people that she knew to be dwarves were gathering in front of a door. On the green door was a glowing blue symbol. A groan left her mouth before she could stop it. As much as she loved The Hobbit she didn't have much desire to play a part in it. Gandalf looked down at her with raised eyebrows that she ignored. Instead she tugged at her hair while looking over the dwarves. 

Even from the back she could identify them. Bofur, Bifur, Bombur, Dori, Ori, Nori, Oin, and Gloin were all standing on poor Bilbo's doorstep. One of them pulled the doorbell just as Gandalf and Amber stepped up to them. Right on cue the door flew open and all of the dwarves fell to the ground. Amber looked down at them with a laugh on her tongue before looking to the Hobbit in the doorway. He looked from Gandalf to her before quickly looking away again. 

Rolling her eyes, she stepped into the house after the dwarves. She was taller than all of them but not by a lot. Still short enough to not have to duck through the doorways. She dropped her pack and purse next to the door with all of the dwarves stuff. Not really sure what to do she walked through the halls to where Gandalf was standing in the dining room. Several of the dwarves were with him and setting out things on the table. Amber had seen how this plays out more times than she could count. But with her added into the mix things were bound to change. Starting with Balin noticing her standing in one of the doorways. 

"Gandalf, who is it that you brought with you?" The old dwarf refused to look at her and kept his gaze focused on the wizard. All of the other dwarves stopped what they were doing and turned to look at her. Before quickly looking away again. 

"Ah, this is Miss Amber Rays." Gandalf motioned for her to step more into the dining room. Sighing, she took a couple of steps closer to the table. Her long hair swaying behind her, just barely sweeping across the wood floor, while she crossed her arms over her chest. 

"I can introduce myself, thank you." The wizard gave her side glance with a warning aimed at her. To which she greeted with a wide grin. 

"Yes, of course." He turned away from her back to the dwarves. All of them were watching the wizard expectantly. "Miss Amber is going to be joining us. She has travelled a long distance to be here to help aid us."