Chapter One

You know that weird thing that sometimes happens when you get transported to another world? No? Just me, then. Okay. 

So I'm not going to say I didn't enjoy it. I did, at points. Met some lovely people and not so lovely people. Almost died a few times, but what's an adventure without a bit of danger? Anyway, my "adventure" was pretty fun. I travelled with a group of thirteen dwarves, a Hobbit, and a wizard. Recognize them? Some might, I know I did. Talk about shock. 

But that's beside the point. I can't tell you why I ended up with them. Didn't really find out until later. But apparently I did have a part to play in the end. Much bigger than I thought I would. Can't say what it was yet, you'll find out. Though it had something to do with-

Well, how about we just get into it? Instead of me telling you. 

Sunlight filtered through the treetops down to the forest floor. A soft breeze was blowing and ruffling the leaves. It pushed around strands of long pink hair attached to a woman trekking through the forest trail. The sun warmed her face and whatever skin was showing. She smiled and turned her head up to face the warmth. Her hair brushed the ground with her tilted head, gathering a few leaves. 

Dropping her head she looked back to the path she was taking. It was well used with a few signs pointing to where the lake and campgrounds were. The woman huffed a breath before shifting the heavy pack on her shoulders. A short sword bounced on the back of it. With a sigh, she started walking once more, after sliding her purse higher up on her right shoulder, down the path. Birds chirped from above in the trees while the sounds of small animals came from the bushes. She grinned once again and went to rifle through her purse when her foot caught a loose stone. 

The pink haired woman tripped and started forward into the path. Only she never connected with the stones. Her body fell onto soft grass with her face pressed down into it. Loud cursing came from her as she pushed herself up onto her knees. Pretty blue and red eyes opened to take in the dark area around. Above her the sky glittered with stars partially covered by clouds and around her was short grass with a couple of trees. Not really sure if she should get up and look around or just sit, she blinked several times. Then she rubbed her eyes and looked around again. When the fourth and fifth time came around something stopped her searching. 

The clearing of a throat behind her caused her try and spin on her knees. Which only resulted in her being dragged to her back by the heavy pack on her shoulders. Much like a turtle she was stuck on her bag looking behind her. Standing behind her was a tall older man. A long gray beard hung from his face with a blue eyes peeking out from under a large gray hat. Her eyes trailed from his face to the wood staff he was resting on. 

"I see you have made it, Miss Rays." The woman on the ground opened her mouth before closing it again. She struggled to roll over but did so without the offered hand of help. Brushing off her pink skirt and crop top, she scrambled to her feet. 

"You better not be who I think you are. I've read enough fanfic to know how this goes," she said. Her arms crossed over her chest as she glared up at the tall man. It didn't help that she was short to begin with, barely standing five foot one. 

"I am Gandalf the Grey. The Valar have picked you to be brought through the veil into Arda. Though I'm not entirely certain as to why you are here, you are to accompany this quest." The woman dropped her arms and tugged her long hair over her shoulder. It just barely brushed the ground when up in the high ponytail she had it in. 

"No, no thank you. Doesn't matter which quest I'm going on, I want no part." 

"Miss Rays-"

"Call me Amber, Miss Rays reminds of my grandmother." Gandalf dipped his head to her at the request.