When the waiter approached them, Taehyung asked, "Chaeyoung? What should we . . ."

"Let's just have the usual." She answered nonchalantly.

After Taehyung gave the waiter their order, the waiter turned to face Chaeyoung.

"Is there anything else you'd like to add Ma'am?"

She shook her head from side to side.

"If that would be all, may I have the menu please?"

What? Do you really need to get this back? Come on! Chaeyoung mentally nagged while hesitantly giving the menu back to the waiter.

"Chaeyoung? Are you alright?" Taehyung asked thoughtfully.

"Yup! No problem at all." She lied.

"Good. Let me just go to the comfort room then."

"Sure."

Chaeyoung looked at Taehyung walking away. Then she shifted her gaze and eyed Jungkook sitting a few tables from them. She chose to sit at this side of the table because she was afraid Taehyung might recognize Jungkook. They've met twice, but the first time was when Taehyung was totally drunk. She doubted if Taehyung even remembered anything from that night.

Jungkook was currently engaged in a conversation with his companions. He was smiling as he was talking to them. His eyes were curved in a smile that was unlike what she saw earlier when it was widened in surprise at seeing her with Taehyung. She was still staring at him when he suddenly looked back at her, looking glum in an instant. And it saddened her seeing him in that condition.

When a waiter gave them their bill holder, everyone in Jungkook's table started standing up after paying. And Chaeyoung hurriedly looked outside, trying to look interested at the line of cars parked there. Jungkook was the last to stand from their group. He intentionally walked slow and lagged behind.

He momentarily stopped when he reached Chaeyoung's table. While looking straight ahead, he crouched to say, "Enjoy your dinner!" Then he walked on.

Chaeyoung stiffened in her seat before she slowly turned toward Jungkook's direction. He was already standing by the door when she saw him. He never looked back until the door closed behind him. Chaeyoung sighed and looked away from the door.

Little did she know that Jungkook paused to turn and looked at the closed door behind him. He wanted to go back, grab her wrist and dramatically pull her out of the restaurant. But realizing that he was not capable of making any of that happen only left Jungkook feeling destitute.

Meanwhile, when Taehyung was in the comfort room, he was trying to figure out why the man seated not too far away from them looked oddly familiar. But he gave up shortly and went back to Chaeyoung. He was walking towards their table when he saw Chaeyoung looking straight ahead. When Taehyung followed her gaze, she was looking at that familiar person while he was looking back at her. Taehyung felt a sudden prick of jealousy ran through his veins.

Who is he? He thought.

Taehyung was about to walk on closer when the man and his companions rose from their seats. The man was walking far behind. Then he stopped for a moment and crouched at Chaeyoung. He said something to her but she didn't respond. Then she turned to stare at his back until he went out of the restaurant. She looked disappointed when she looked back down to the table in front of her.

Am I missing something here? I just can't pinpoint who that guy is.

Taehyung contemplated before remembering something. He remembered seeing him with Chaeyoung once, the very first time he actually tried to approach her after their breakup.