Perfect girl, Perfect date

A/N: So this was originally gonna be titled "Rain", but since there's no rain for a while majority of the chapter, I changed it to.. yeah, you see it. Anyways, go ahead and read children.

"Sooo, meet you at 7?"

"Won't be a minute late."

"Hehe! You better not."

She grins and boops his purple nose and skips away to her pod happily, humming a tune, leaving him with the widest smile on his face.

♡~A few hours later~♡

"Uhuhh, this one? No no, this one! No wait, thi- Gosh dangit."

Branch shut his closet door in frustration, leaning his head against it afterwards. He was preparing himself before his very first date with Poppy. They had gotten together days ago and he wanted it to be absolutely perfect. She was perfect, so the date had to be perfect.

Finally, he sighed, and eventually gave up. He would just go in his regular attire except with a bow pinned to his vest.

Damnit Branch, she'll never wanna speak to you again seeing you like this.

The Blue troll just shook his head slowly and sighed, turning to look at a clock nearby.

6:55pm

"Coconut Milk!!" He yelled and nearly tripped over himself, and grabbed a small bag on a table next to him and quickly ran to the lever and pulled himself up.

The poor troll had been debating over what he would wear to the date for almost an entire hour and he didn't even realize it.

•♡•

Poppy was dressed in a nice fluffy lavender dress with an actual lavender clipped to her hair, waiting near a tree.

She hummed a tune while looking around, tapping her arm lightly.

The sun was starting to go down slowly, the sky emitting a yellow mixed with pink color.

Poppy smiled at the sight, but then looked down at her watch, which read:.

6:59pm

She sighed and leaned against the tree she was standing next to.

"I mean.. it's okay if he's a few minutes late.." She mumbled, looking to the bottom right of her.

Meanwhile, the blue troll was rushing to go find her, realizing he was already running late.

"Damnit, why today, WHY TODAY!" He cursed to himself, speeding up his pace.

7:02pm

Poppy checked again, growing a bit nervous.

Is he not coming? No, no, don't think like that. It's only two minutes late, Poppy. Geez.

But her thoughts were cut when she heard the sound of panting get closer to her, immediately turning to find out who and what it was.