The Blueberry Effect

"Ohhhhh Braaaaaanch!" Guy happily skipped over to his best friend, who was currently finishing off a conversation with a yellow troll with gold hair and a green shirt with darker pants.

"Yeah?"

Then he just slapped an invitation in his face.

"Charming." The Blue Troll groaned and yanked it off of his face. "What is this?"

"It is an invitation my friend! And you areeeeee.." He did a little dance which lasted for about five minutes, and Branch just sat and watched, helping himself to a small eyeroll and smile, expecting nothing less from his glittery friend.

"Invited to only the best sleepover ever! I want you to meet my friends!"

Guy smiled big and wide, standing in a funny pose as he watched Branch slowly get up, turning his attention to the invitation for a few seconds to realize that's why it was given to him, then look back up at his ecstatic buddy.

"Yeah, um.."

Branch politely opened his hand and put the invitation back in his hand.

"Nah."

"Wha-"

"Sleepovers aren't my thing, Guy. Neither are meet and greets."

"Oh come on, Branch!" Guy put the invitation in his dark Blue hair and ruffled it. "You're probably only saying that because you've never been to an actual sleepover."

"Well, no, I mean that's true but-"

"Branch, I'm telling you, and we've been over this-"

"We have?"

"My friends will not bite. They're really great people and a hoot to hang out with! You're gonna love them! You only met them once and for a few minutes, and they were super nice."

"You know I'm not good at making friends."

"Well.." He wrapped his glittery arm around him. "You're my friend, aren't you?"

Branch didn't reply to that, realizing he sort of had a point. They've been friends for a few years now. But he had only really became his friend from Guy starting a conversation with him, and he slowly felt himself become comfortable. But even so, he guessed that even that was an accomplishment for him. Being able to carry on a conversation that was upheld by someone else beginning it, and with his glittery companion by his side all the well, even go as far as starting one himself.

"Besides, if you're a friend of mine, they're immediately a friend of yours. That's how it always works in the troll world! Don't you know?"

"No."

Guy just stared at him for a few seconds.

He quickly reverted back to his previous pose like it was nothing and replied,

"Well now you do, buddy."

He smiled and leaned over to pat his shoulder.

"You know it's not easy for someone who grew up isolated socially and physically from the troll world. My life was different from all of yours'." The Blue Troll shrugged, patting the hand that was placed on his shoulder.. moving it afterwards.

"I know, and I'm going to help you with that, as your best and most honorable friend. Starting with a sleepover!"

Branch got an uncomfortable look on his face and folded his arms, turning his viewpoint to the other direction. Even if it wasn't even intended, which he knew it wasn't, he felt as if he was being pressured into doing this. He was so used to being around Guy it would feel incredibly off being around other trolls for a long period of time besides him. Being asked a question was one thing, but having to have a full on unprepared conversation was another.