A comforting talk

Trolls 3 oneshot!!

Branch was sitting alone somewhere in the caterbus as it continued it's way down the path that was meant to be taking him to his brothers.

He sat with his elbows on his knees and his chin in his palms while looking down at the floor, holding his signature grumpy expression, but also with a visible mix of.. sadness.

Normally silence would be calming to him, but at this time around not hearing anyone talk their mouths off or do something silly in the background was even discomforting to him right now, especially with his thoughts roaming around now.

The reason he looked so down was because he'd just finished arguing with his eldest brother, John, who'd convinced him to go on this trip with him, not too long ago, maybe half an hour or so.

After many failed attempts of his older brother trying to bond and reconnect with him, he finally snapped when he asked him to sing an old song with him, thinking that would be the perfect way to fix things, but unfortunately for both of them it was the exact opposite.

"No! Enough! Just leave me alone John! I only agreed to help you look for our brothers if you promised to leave me alone after, I never said anything about us becoming buddy buddy again, so if asking me to do all these things with you is your way of asking then unfortunately for you the answer is no!

After many failed attempts of persuasion to try and get his brother to join him, Poppy and Tiny in numerous activities for the past few hours, trying to get him to sing with him was the last straw. It brought back too many memories that were meant to be happy, but hurt to think about now after everything that happened before.

John stared at his little brother with a shocked and slightly startled expression, even though he really had no reason to be.

"Branch-"

"You have been bothering me this whole entire trip even though I've been making it clear that I don't want to talk to you!"

"Branch, you're my brothe-"

"Was, your brother. You lost the right to call me that a long time ago." The blueish grayish troll crossed his arms, staring at him with an angry but also saddened look.

"Come on, don't talk like that.. I know what happened was messed up, but that was a long time ago! I came back! I wanted to see you again, and the others!"

"It doesn't matter, you still left, you all did, you didn't even think twice about it, you just left me alone! All by myself!"

"Branch-"

"You all were out doing your own things and living what I assume to be your best lives, while I was left with the burden of thinking it was my fault that my brothers left me, and my fault that Grandma was taken away!"

"Life wasn't perfect after we spli-" John paused after hearing what he said about Rosiepuff.

"She.. was.. what?"

"..the only person I had after you guys left was Grandma. I couldn't even tell her anything because I didn't even understand myself since I was so young, but I could tell it bothered her as well that you all just decided to leave like that."