It's okay to cry

So this one is kinda short but it's still sweet 💕💕 enjoy

Poppy was walking around Troll Village humming a song, while taking in the nature she saw around her.

Getting into the rhythm, she began to skip a little bit.

But she stopped when she heard faint sobs somewhere. They weren't far.

She walked slowly over to the sound, hearing it get closer.

She stopped at a tree where she fully heard it.

Walking around it, she saw...

Branch?

"B-Branch?" She said in a faint voice.

The grey troll looked up and stopped sobbing, but tears still falling out his eyes.

"Poppy... what're you doing here?..." He turned away from her.

"I heard you crying-"

"That wasn't me..." He interrupted.

Poppy sighed and put her hand under his chin, turning him towards her.

"You have tears in your eyes and on your cheeks... it's okay to cry...." She said softly.

Branch didn't say anything after that and just stared in her magenta eyes.

"What's wrong?..." She drew closer to him.

He still didn't say anything after that, but slowly began to sob again.

"Branch..."

Suddenly, he wrapped his arms around her waist, sobbing into her chest.

Poppy was shocked. This was the first time he ever hugged anybody. This was the first time her ever hugged her.

Unhesitatingly, she hugged him back, wrapping her arms around his neck. They were both kneeled on the ground.

"Tell me what's wrong..." She stroked his hair.

"I... I'm just... I'm tired of being alone... I miss my family, my grandma... I want to be back to the way I used to be... but I'm always just so grumpy.... I was so mean to you.... to your friends... so I'll never be happ-"

"Branch.... you know I was always here.... I never left... even all the times you would be a grump, I never left you, because I believe in happiness, and I believe you can get yours back... even if you don't, I won't care... I'll still be right with you.." Poppy laid on his shoulder.

"Poppy... why are you here....?"

"Because I lo- care about you..."

Branch stopped crying, but his face was still snuggled in Poppy's chest.

She could feel his slow and warm breaths in her chest, making her blush and heat up inside.

They were still in their embrace, not wanting to let go.

Poppy then began to hear something like... snoring. Light snoring.

She looked down at Branch, and his eyes were closed, and he was breathing slowly.

The sight of that made her smile and tingle inside.

He fell asleep on me...

Poppy leaned back on the tree, cuddling Branch.

"I wanted to say 'I love you' when you asked why I'm here, but... I wanted to wait a little bit..." She whispered, and kissed the top of his head gently.

She closed her eyes and fell asleep too.

"I love you too.." Branch mumbled in her chest.

Hearing that, she smiled softly and hugged him tighter.

It's okay to cry, but it's not okay to hide your feelings... it makes the feeling and pain worse... remember there are always those people that care about you

~Goldie♡

This oneshot was also inspired by this picture on Instagram by harleypig127